Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit monitoring site recommendation

tag
hoff33
New Contributor

Credit monitoring site recommendation

I currently am addicted to checking my scores and getting things cleaned up.

I have: 

myFICO score watch for EQ

myFICO quarterly monitoring for TU 

Credit Karma

TU sevice with daily pull (monthly fee)

EX service with daily pull (monthly fee)

EQ service with daily pull (monthly fee) 

What should I drop/get? 

I would like to be able to update daily as needed and I am ok with paying for the service as long as I drop some of the others with fees.

Any site that has all 3 reports with daily pulls? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit monitoring site recommendation

@hoff33 wrote:

I currently am addicted to checking my scores and getting things cleaned up.

I have: 

myFICO score watch for EQ

myFICO quarterly monitoring for TU 

Credit Karma

TU sevice with daily pull (monthly fee)

EX service with daily pull (monthly fee)  These Gone

EQ service with daily pull (monthly fee) 

What should I drop/get? 

I would like to be able to update daily as needed and I am ok with paying for the service as long as I drop some of the others with fees.

Any site that has all 3 reports with daily pulls? Eliminate Id Theft - MPM give daily pull with all 3, the score you get is same as Credit Karma for all 3 bureaus so I would disregard it. I only use it to monitor changes to my reports and check it prior to apping for new credit to make sure all my balances have updated the way they should.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 3
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit monitoring site recommendation

As for daily pulls, I don't know. Otherwise, here's some suggestions I can give you:

My favorite is creditkarma, which uses on TU. Although they don't offer FICO scoring or detailed reports, they update weekly with changes and have alerts, which awesome for a free membership. They also offer many finance tools/calculators, even a credit score simulator (with their FICO scores, but still helpful in deciding what may happen is you get a loan or new credit card).

There is also creditsesame.com which uses EX, you can join for free and get the same basic stuff as creditkarma, but they only update once a month.

And quizzle.com is the EQ version. You can join for free, and their reports seem a little more detailed, but unless you go Pro and pay like $9 a month, it only updates once every six months. If you go Pro I believe they update your reports once a month.

Another site I like to use that's completely free, but it doesn't have credit report/score monitoring but is a GREAT asset, is Mint.com. You join for free, input any finance information (credit cards, loans, bank accounts, etc, even IRAs) and they keep it all clean and organized with constant updating of your accounts (pretty much each time you log in). It really is helpful, and they have a few neat tools, too. I highly recommend it.

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.