Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit one bank co

tag
anya2005

Re: Credit one bank co

Thanks Robert,

I didn't dispute the chargeoff with credit bureaus as that has already been done and nothing budged.

Instead I wrote an email to CEO of Credit One and am awaiting a response to that. Will post what happens.

Thanks.

Message 11 of 20
dave36021
Regular Contributor

Emailing the CEO has been pretty good lately. I had two accounts removed by telling them my situation when I went into default. I was denied a removal in Sept 2014 but last mont got them to delete from both my file and my wifes. Good luck to anyone that emailed the CEO. you will get a email response within a few business days saying they can not respond via email and will get something in the mail then about a week later you should get youranswer in the mail.

Back In the Garden since 6/5/2016

My Fico Scores: EQ:639 EX:665 TU:651

AU: Comenity/Bealls FL 930; Capital One 300 ;
Message 12 of 20
anya2005

Hi,

Yes, that's exactly what happened. I got an email response saying that they are reviewing it and will mail the response to me. Am so glad your and your wife's file got the deletions. Good work!

Will let you know my results when the mail comes.

Anya

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

What exactly did you say in the letter?
Message 14 of 20
anya2005

I googled and found this one lady's guidelines to approach them. She pointed out not to dispute with the credit bureaus at the time of sending the Goodwill email to them.

I followed her advice and mentioned the reasons why the account got delinquent, i.e.being unemployed and severe financial difficulty. Then I asked them to delete negative reporting or let me pay them for deletion. And finally I wrote that I have significantly improved my financial accounts and Credit one is the last negative item on my report. I also wrote that I need that deletion to obtain a mortgage loan. I ended saying that I am appreciative of their considering my request as they would be improving my life. 

Hope that helps you. Good luck!

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

SO IF THE ACOUNTS WENT TO COLLECTION AND IT STILL SHOWS A BALANCE WHAT ACTION CAN I TAKE? (SORRY FOR ALL CAPS, IM AT WORK AND USE CAPS)

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you pay off the account? If you paid it should show a $0 balance and say something like paid as agreed / paid in full something like that.

Is it a charge off? If it's a charge off it should be reporting a $0 balance

You could email the ceo or dispute it through the 3 cra's and they will remove it or update it if they have inaccuracies or can't prove the account is yours it will be removed.

Hope this helped I am new to this and that's what I've learned so far

Good luck
Message 17 of 20
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Neither an assignement of collection authority nor a charge-off requires the OC to report a $0 balance.

Reporting of a $0 balance is only required if either the debt is paid or is sold.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that Robert I was wrong I appreciate the correction so I know also
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you send me the email address you emailed??
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.