Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit profile assistance

tag
thabizzle
Valued Member

Credit profile assistance

Hello all,

I've been lurking for a bit, taking in info on the Credit Cards board. I'm hoping that my situation can be resolved. I have 2 baddies on my credit report, and I'm wanting to know if they can be removed before the 7yr mark. I have a paid satisfied judgement from 6/2011 and a charged-off(??) Capital One Secured Mastercard for non-payment (and idiocy) from 2/2014. The credit card went 5 months without payment and was closed. I paid the balance but was unable to re-open the card in Feb 2014. I immediately applied and was approved for another secured card($200) with them the same day. That card has been used responsibly, no lates. My scores reached a level where I was comfortable applying for a bunch of cards in late April/early May of this year:

CU - $2000

Capital One Quicksilver Visa - $3000

Discover It - $1200

Chase Amazon Visa - $4000

Best Buy store card -$2000

Home Depot - $3000

Macy's - $800

Walmart - $5000

also used SCT for:

Buckle -$500

HSN - $2000

Overstock - $4800

Any help and/or advice is appreciated.

Current scores 6/17/15

TU 675  EQ 669  EX 655

FICO 8 Scores as of 8/10/21:
EQ 706 TU 710 EX 715
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit profile assistance

@thabizzle wrote:

Hello all,

I've been lurking for a bit, taking in info on the Credit Cards board. I'm hoping that my situation can be resolved. I have 2 baddies on my credit report, and I'm wanting to know if they can be removed before the 7yr mark. I have a paid satisfied judgement from 6/2011 and a charged-off(??) You would have to see if the judgment can be vacated on grounds that its been paid, some states allow this others dont, you can check in the states codified laws that govern the civil court system as to what reasons can be raised to vacate a judgment. If you can file such a motion and its granted by the judge then its off your reports now.

Capital One Secured Mastercard for non-payment (and idiocy) from 2/2014. The credit card went 5 months without payment and was closed. I paid the balance but was unable to re-open the card in Feb 2014. I immediately applied and was approved for another secured card($200) with them the same day. That card has been used responsibly, no lates. You would have to get a goodwill removal of the lates or if it was actually COed removal of the CO. Cap-1 is notorious for not granting such requests unless the account is in its last year of being able to be reported. I would still try though and send the goodwill letter to the office of the CEO. Welcome to posting at My Fico Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 2 of 3
thabizzle
Valued Member

Re: Credit profile assistance

thank you gdale6. I'll call the court clerk tomorrow(today) and get that GW letter sent to Cap1.

FICO 8 Scores as of 8/10/21:
EQ 706 TU 710 EX 715
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.