Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit rebuild

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit rebuild

1/15/2018

Cold apped Amex 1/14 for the BCE and was instantly approved!  SL $1000.

HP notification on EX from Amex this morning (expected) dropped EX down 2 points

Considering apping one more Amex unless it will result in a second HP

EQ went up to 642 (let Cap1 small balance report)

TU went up to 625 (let Cap1 small balance report)

EX down to 671 (EX HP from Amex app)

It will be gardening time for me after I either app one more Amex, or just stay put.  My Cap1 Plat that I PC'd to Quicksilver will turn 1 year old in April.  I hope it is not stuck in a sub prime bucket that won't ever get CLI's.  If it is, I'll probably focus most of my usage with the new cards I recently picked up.

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd be happy if I could get a Discover, but they turned me down in March with EQ 530.  EQ has moved up a bit, but I am not confident another try would get it.  Is BoA or Citi more forgiving for even a secured card? 

I see you ended up getting approved - good show!

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit rebuild journey has made it to one year.  March of 2017 was the first time I looked at a credit score in a very long time.

My rehabilitated student loans finally reported this week to TU. FedLoan picked them up in late November, so it takes them a few months to start reporting.  I have not seen them report to EQ or EX yet.  The rehabilitated student loans created a very nice score bump on my TU.  My TU profile was more thin than the other two because I have been able to get them to remove most of the old negative SL accounts.  I received a MyFico notification today that my TU jumped from 640 to 686 with the additions of the rehabilitated student loans.  I'm unsure that I will see similar results on EQ and EX since those profiles still show the old negative student loan accounts.

3/9/2018

EX - 681

EQ - 655

TU - 686

I did not really set a specific score goal, but 700+ across the board would be a good one to start with. 

Message 23 of 24
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your rebuild so far!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.