Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit rebuilt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit rebuilt

Hey all,

Very proud of myself and just wanted to share my story in short.

November 2013 my 3 credit scores were sitting awful at around 560

Now a year later my scores sit at 719 EX, 692 TU and 683 EQ.

Very proud of my success and wanted to say if I can do it you guys can too!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit rebuilt

That's wonderful.. What had your scores so low to begin with and what did you do in one years time to turn it around?
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

High inquiries, about 98% credit utilization, and thats about it...I've never had any late payments or charge offs etc.

since then my credit util is 1%.  The drop in credit util made a huge difference for me in gaining credit score points.

I just paid off about 4000 in CC debt as of today so I should get a nice little boost once the creditors report...hopefully ill be sitting at 750 range.

I basically just let my credit cards get out of control and I was only making minimum payments on them and that killed my credit score.  I let my credit util sit that high for about 4 years because I was young and dumb

NEVER EVER AGAIN THOUGH

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrat's to you !! The hard work paid off. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 13
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Awesome. Congrats on getting it done and enjoying the results.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome job and thanks for the encouragement!!

Message 6 of 13
taj_laneal
New Contributor

Congrats!  I bet you are super excited and proud!  I know I am.  This forum has helped me raise one of my scores 54 points and another score 47 points all in one month!

Starting Score: 09/14 EQ 596 TU 587 EX 588
Current Score: 11/14 EQ 670
TU 602 (CK VantageScore 688)
EX 656

Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!! good job and congrants on your success as well.  I'm very excited!  Never cared for my credit when I was a kid...young and dumb...Now i see the imporatance.  Better late than never lol

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing what we can get out of utilization rates!

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree! Waiting for the new lower balance to hit my credit report! hopefully i'll have a real nice jump in credit score when it hits!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.