cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit rebulding strategy-your thoughts?

tag
Alpha123
Established Member

Credit rebulding strategy-your thoughts?

So, my road to recovery is slowly advancing. Paid off/settled one CO for about $3K. opened up a BOA secure card for $300. Just got it. Have had the cap1 secure for about a year now never late.

Current score is 657 without the BOA and the cap1 at 75% utilization. My plan is to keep the cap1 and BOA balance at about 25% utilization. How long do you think before I start to see my score rise due to the addition of the BOA and lowering of the cap1 balance?

What else should I do to hit 700?

Starting Score: 657
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Re: Credit rebulding strategy-your thoughts?

For optimum scoring results let one card report below 9% utilizantion and the other 0%.  Other than that I think you are on an excellent track.

Message 2 of 7
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Depends how old the charge off is and what other buddies you have.
Message 3 of 7
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Sorry baddies I mean.
Message 4 of 7
HiLine
Blogger

@Alpha123 wrote:
So, my road to recovery is slowly advancing. Paid off/settled one CO for about $3K. opened up a BOA secure card for $300. Just got it. Have had the cap1 secure for about a year now never late.

Current score is 657 without the BOA and the cap1 at 75% utilization. My plan is to keep the cap1 and BOA balance at about 25% utilization. How long do you think before I start to see my score rise due to the addition of the BOA and lowering of the cap1 balance?

What else should I do to hit 700?

You should see your score rise at the first statement closing date since the lowering of your Crap One balance. For the BofA card reporting, expect a couple of months.

Message 5 of 7
Alpha123
Established Member

Oh wow. That's quite a bit different than the 25% I had in mind. Good feedback, thanks to all.

Message 6 of 7
Alpha123
Established Member

CO is about 4 years old. Have about 7 other similar baddies. All credit CO from 2008.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.