Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit repair agencies

tag
Yoli14
Regular Contributor

Credit repair agencies

Hello board-

My new years resolution is to increase my credit scores to buy a new home. I recently had a lender pull my scores and of course I don't qualify at the moment. The lender suggested I speak with a credit agency who charges $500. Is it worth it? These boards seem really helpful and in the few days I've been here I have already learn a lot. Can I try and fix it on my own? I have few medical bills in collection and a bill from Sprint.
Myfico on 02/21/12
Trans: 538 EQ: 591 Ex???
Myfico on 10/09/12
Trans: 600 EQ 602 EX???
Lender Pull 04/15/13
Trans 680, EQ 644, Ex 608
"I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it"
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit repair agencies

I would attempt the venture on your own, if you ever have a question, we are here....

I was steps away from going to one before i found these forums.... and i have to say i am glad i didnt throw my 500$ in the trash! because thats all it is....

They prey on peoples ignorance about not know what to do with credit.. and charge them outrageous fees.....

If you would like our help, let us know! 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 5
Yoli14
Regular Contributor

Thank you! $500 is a lot of money. That money can go towards my bills Smiley Happy
Myfico on 02/21/12
Myfico on 10/09/12
Lender Pull 04/15/13
"I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it"
Message 3 of 5
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Right on!

If you would like, go to annualcreditreport.com and pull your credit reports, and we will help you from there! Smiley Happy 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 4 of 5
Yoli14
Regular Contributor

Will do! Thanks, again.
Myfico on 02/21/12
Myfico on 10/09/12
Lender Pull 04/15/13
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.