Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit repair company

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit repair company

After being denied for a mortgage, the bank referred me to "Home Loans Assist" who "guarantee" to improve your credit score and reports. 

What I needed them to do:

5 collections (all paid) removed. They're medical, and the company said that they could have removed them very easily. 

Two student loan accounts that have varying amounts of lates, but one in particular was 180 (+) late, but was paid in full in September, 2014. The other had a couple 60 days, that too was paid in September in full. 

Target CC has a couple 30 day lates

There are some old closed CC accounts that had random 30 days, one or two 60 day lates. They all had been paid in full and have been closed for a few years.

I have paid my balance on my one and only card, Target, down to a $40 balance ($200 limit) I will use that sparingly and continue to pay down each month to keep low balance. 

I have begun paying on two new student loans, they are consolidation loans from the old loans I had. I have made one payment so far, and will be making December's payment next week (on time)

Anyone have any experience with this particular company, or, credit repair companies in general? I paid $29 for the first month, and it's $99 monthly. I don't want to have to pay more than another month or two. I can't imagine that it would be necessary, especially once they've sent out their dispute letters etc?  

I am supposed to begin receiving results in 30-45 days. I have not yet gotten anything.

My scores on 11/21 were: TU 604, EX 498, and EQ 491. Today, after registering here my scores are: TU 583, EX 569, and EQ 598. Of course, I'm happy about the big increases with EX and EQ, but what the heck could have happened to TU???? I have nothing negative, only positives! How can it just drop 21 pts? 

Sorry if I'm rambling... I'm SUPER anxious to get a median score of 600 so I can qualify for an FHA mortgage. It's imperitive that we move ASAP, as I'm pregnant and we have severely outgrown our house (like two kids ago). Of course, we found our dream home and it's affordable, but can't put in an offer without pre approval. 

Any input/advise would be helpful. THanks !!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LianaCCB

Re: Credit repair company

Sounds like a similar process to Lexington Law - the catch there is because it's a monthly pay-as-you-go, they're in no rush to remove anything from your report. Because it's a monthly fee, some companies can drag their feet to get the maximum payments from you.

A lot of credit repair can be done on your own, it's just a hassle to keep up with. I personally have worked with Kaydem Credit Help and they've done great work for me but it also depends on the bureau response time, what type of items, etc.

The 30-45 day response time is standard. Legally, the bureaus have up to 45 days to respond to disputes. During the holidays, as with most companies, they do get behind. I tend to get the fastest results from Equifax when I submit disputes online. And Experian (in my experience) can be slower than the others.

The drop in TU could be if one of the accounts updated their information. Sometimes what can happen is instead of removing an account, the bureau updates the information they have on it. I would double check your full report and see what may have changed.

Hope this helped!

Liana
4+ years of experience in the business credit industry
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.