Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit repair for a dummy?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit repair for a dummy?

Can someone please tell me (as simply as possible) the correct procedure for medical collections past SOL and medical collections within SOL. 

I have all the form letters, I am just totally confused about what order they go in.  I think all medical collections get a Prehippa to CRA if within SOL....correct?  If verified and believe it is correct send payment with Hippa letter to OC...correct??

Okay what about past SOL?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit repair for a dummy?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

kidshelper wrote:
Can someone please tell me (as simply as possible) the correct procedure for medical collections past SOL and medical collections within SOL. 

I have all the form letters, I am just totally confused about what order they go in.  I think all medical collections get a Prehippa to CRA if within SOL....correct?  If verified and believe it is correct send payment with Hippa letter to OC...correct??

Okay what about past SOL?

It is confusing to almost everyone!

Remember that SOL is for your protection against lawsuits. The CRAs could care less.

This letter should be first no matter what SOL is. It is sent CMRRR to all CRAs reporting!

HIPPA rules & regulations
Any information received in the form of a consumer report is subject to the FCRA.

In addition, the new FACTA regulations require the CRA's to do a REAL investigations and contact the Original Creditor for requested information in a CONSUMER DISPUTE. This is why you SHOULD use the NEW "CRA dispute letter BEFORE using any part of the HIPAA letter proccess.

PRE HIPAA MEDICAL DISPUTE LETTER TO CRA

You dispute medical accounts this way:

Dear CRA,
My name is xxxxx xxxxxx , my SS # is xxx xx xxxx.
I am sending this dispute certified mail # xxxx to make sure you receive it.
I have no knowledge or records of account # xxxxx being reported by xxxxxxx

Please advise me as to the name and address of the medical provider, the date and type of service,and to whom the service was provided, as any account I might have had would be obsolete.

If you can obtain this information, I also would need the name of the person providing this data, and the manner in which it was provided in order that I may pursue additional legal remedies.

If you can not obtain the information required by law, and in the required time frame (30 days) Please delete this account and block any future reporting of this account 

Very truly yours,

xxxxxx

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-14-2008 01:20 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-14-2008 01:21 PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-14-2008 01:22 PM
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I got the letters from whychat so I am familiar with what you telling me to do.
What next?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to wait for the CRA to answer you
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okie....dokie....I'll give you a break for now....when the CRAs answer I am sure I will have plenty more questions!Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.