cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit repair journey (advice where to start)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit repair journey (advice where to start)

Trying to get my credit report cleaned up so I can buy a home in the near future.

Heres the run down.

So as of now I have a credit one bank account that is 120+days past due long story short was scammed into thinking it was paid. I've reached out to settle and in exchange remove the lates but got the rejection letter stating that everything is accurate and to make minimum payment. This is a closed account-closed by them due to non-payment and is not in collections.

Then I have lending club- Thought it was being taken out of my bank account automatically, turns out it wasn't. Never received past-due notice or anything. Just received a letter from a collection agency that I have 30 days to dispute or it will be sent to collections.

Bmw financial services- this is an open current account I have but it has 8 or so 30 days late on it. Due to financial hardship while I was in the hospital and balance kept rolling over 30 days until I was able to get it fixed.

I realize these are my fault for not paying enough attention etc I made some mistakes. I don't have the money right now to get them settled. So just wondering if any of you have any advice for me. Thanks in advance. (even links to other relevant posts are great) I don't mind putting in work to get my credit on track.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit repair journey (advice where to start)

?
Message 2 of 9
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Make payment arrangements for Credit One and Lending Club BEFORE they go to collections which will kill your scores.GW letters to BMW asking for removal of the lates.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Trying to get my credit report cleaned up so I can buy a home in the near future.

Heres the run down.

So as of now I have a credit one bank account that is 120+days past due long story short was scammed into thinking it was paid. I've reached out to settle and in exchange remove the lates but got the rejection letter stating that everything is accurate and to make minimum payment. This is a closed account-closed by them due to non-payment and is not in collections.

Then I have lending club- Thought it was being taken out of my bank account automatically, turns out it wasn't. Never received past-due notice or anything. Just received a letter from a collection agency that I have 30 days to dispute or it will be sent to collections.

Bmw financial services- this is an open current account I have but it has 8 or so 30 days late on it. Due to financial hardship while I was in the hospital and balance kept rolling over 30 days until I was able to get it fixed.

I realize these are my fault for not paying enough attention etc I made some mistakes. I don't have the money right now to get them settled. So just wondering if any of you have any advice for me. Thanks in advance. (even links to other relevant posts are great) I don't mind putting in work to get my credit on track.

Welcome to the forums.

You have mentioned what your baddies are, but what are your current positive tradelines?  In order for your scores to rebound, you need to take care of the negative accounts.  Take care of the Credit One account, then after a couple of months, contact them again and request a GW deletion.  Myself and several other members have been able to successfully get GW deletions from Credit One, but it is a YMMV thing.  Auto pay is a wonderful thing, but things happen and it is always good to double check to make sure that a payment has posted. 

Until you are finally able to take care of the negative accounts, you will be in a holding pattern.  In the meantime, the best that you can do is make your current payments on time as to not incur anymore late payments.  If the accounts are now in collection, the one thing that you don't need to happen is judgments against you.  Keep us updated on your progress. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The lending club said they no longer have access to the account (I just found out about it and called, they gave me info for the collector and after that I got a letter saying if i didn't dispute it would be going into collections. If i make a settlement with them will it still go to collections?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have very many positive tradelines, one current installment loans, one capital one account with a low limit and balance is low on that.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous.

Sounds as if the account is in collections.  If you have the money, then you can attempt a PFD with the collector.  Keep the payment history on the Cap 1 good and maybe in a couple of months, you can add one or two more accounts.  Depending on scores, you might have to go the secured card route which helped jump start the rebuilding process for me. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok will go ahead and try that, also donhave a Bank of America card too that's in good standing
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok will go ahead and try that, also donhave a Bank of America card too that's in good standing

Great!  Now just continue to maintain good payment history.  Have a good week. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.