Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit repair questions

tag
faiths13
Established Member

Credit repair questions

HI : )

My husband and I have been working on cleaning up our credit so we can buy a house. My husband called a CA on a couple of really old accounts, and they agreed to remove them. Then I disputed everything that was left - there were 4. I have heard back from TU and Experian that they are to be deleted as well. Well except this nasty dentist bill that is almost 7 years old now : ( We have both also gotten a secured card to help build up our credit.

When we started out at the begining of Feb. we both had credit scores 'NA' because we hadn't had anything reported in so long. Then during the first couple of days of March I bought a $1 credit report for both my husband and myself just to see if it had changed at all. My Experian score was 586 and my husbands was 575. I was pretty excited, but noticed that 2 of the items that were supposed to be deleted hadn't come off yet. (I had just gotten notcie that one was coming off a few days earlier.).

So my question is, do I wait until next month to check scores again, or is it possible that our scores have gone up more by now? My husband has already made his first payment on his secure card (I got mine at the end of last month). It hadn't showed when I checked the Experian report last. Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit repair questions

Can you provide a little more info on the items that were "supposed to be deleted"?

Was their deletion mandated by the results of a dispute, or were they based only on promises or GW?

Message 2 of 4
faiths13
Established Member

I disputed items with Experian and TU. I was emailed the results and they said they were deleted. The disputes are closed. After checking my husbands credit report from TU. it looks like both his are off now.

Message 3 of 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@faiths13 wrote:

HI : )

My husband and I have been working on cleaning up our credit so we can buy a house. My husband called a CA on a couple of really old accounts, and they agreed to remove them. Then I disputed everything that was left - there were 4. I have heard back from TU and Experian that they are to be deleted as well. Well except this nasty dentist bill that is almost 7 years old now : ( We have both also gotten a secured card to help build up our credit.

When we started out at the begining of Feb. we both had credit scores 'NA' because we hadn't had anything reported in so long. Then during the first couple of days of March I bought a $1 credit report for both my husband and myself just to see if it had changed at all. My Experian score was 586 and my husbands was 575. I was pretty excited, but noticed that 2 of the items that were supposed to be deleted hadn't come off yet. (I had just gotten notcie that one was coming off a few days earlier.).

So my question is, do I wait until next month to check scores again, or is it possible that our scores have gone up more by now? My husband has already made his first payment on his secure card (I got mine at the end of last month). It hadn't showed when I checked the Experian report last. Thanks!

I would wait and check them again. It may be in your best interest to get a CMS (Credit Monitoring Service). TU's version is the most afforable and you get the most out of it! free 3 bureau report every month and free daily TU pulls for $14.95!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.