Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit repair

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit repair

Hi guys I'm trying to repair my credit after being stupid and negligent. anywho. my main question is about disputes. I have a collections  company by the name of credit control that is reporting  the same collection twice for two different amounts on the same credit report and that one is reported as open. they are also reporting that same collection on another credit report but they are reporting a different amount and is stating that the account is closed. When i called they gave me a bunch of wrong information about this account. they even had phone numbers linked to the account that was never my number ever! so my question is when it comes to disputing this account how should i go about it and since i noticed all these discrepancies just by talking to them what is my chance that i can get this removed from my credit reports?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit repair

Dispute with the CRA.

The CRAs do not condone the simultaneous showing of two collections on the same debt, and have polices intended to prevent it.

They go so far as to attempt to preempt that possibility by including in their reporting manual and agreements specific instructions to debt collectors to delete their reported collections if their collection authority has been terminated and the debt remains unpaid.

That policy is to prevent the simultaneous showing of two collections should another debt collector later report a collection on the same debt.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.