Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit repair

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit repair

Many years ago I ruined my credit. Including foreclosure and repossession. Over the past few years I have focused on repairing my credit. Many baddies have been removed all that remains is foreclosure and two small charge offs. Three years ago I began building new credit. I have two capital one cards with $500 and $750 limits. Two first premier cards with $250 and $300 limits. Orchard bank with $300 limit. Macy's $100 and Bloomingdales $1,000. Average credit age is 1 year and 11 months. I have never been late on any of the cards. I recently charged up utilization to 85%. My questions are first when I pay the cards down to zero how much will my score go up. And all baddies fall off my report soon. How will that affect my score?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Re: Credit repair

There is another thread right around yours that also stated she had 85% utilization. Her score changes were anywhere from 12-30 points depending on the CRA just for paying down util to 15%. Your mileage will vary based on everything that separates you from her credit wise obviously. For instance, her TU might jump 40 points when she pays her util down from 85% to 15% because util was the only thing holding her down, where as you could pay yours down and only get 13 points because other factors are holding you down on TOP of utilization.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit repair

Thank you. Also, any idea what effect the foreclosure coming off will have?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.