cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit report - Pay status Account paid in full,; was a charge off

tag
cahomebuyer

Credit report - Pay status Account paid in full,; was a charge off

First, I don't remember this whole deal other than it was for a credit card.  I can't find any old records of it.  

But I'm confused as to the wording on my credit report and how it will affect me going forward getting a mortgage.

The account was paid on time until 7/2007, then it began going late 30, 60, 120 days,  in 3/2008 it shows NR, then C/O.  The pay status on TransUnion shows Account paid in Full; was a charge off.  Under High Balance $9800, Original Charge off $9800, Remarks: Closed by Credit Grantor >Paid In Full/WAS A CHARGE OFF.

This is schedule to be removed in June 2014.  I'm wondering if I send a GW letter if I can "hasten" that any?

I don't remember how we handled it, but does this look like we paid it in full or they just charged off $9800?  Will we have to pay this back in order to get a home loan?

Michael & Barbara

Goal: Buy House
Problems: Chase Short Sale, Chase Heloc #1, Chase Heloc #2, Capital 1 C/O
Scores: EQ 676 EXP 688 TU 684
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Credit report - Pay status Account paid in full,; was a charge off

It looks like the charge off of $9800 was paid.  If you paid it in full you won't be required to pay it again.

You can send them a GW asking for an early removal.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.