cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit report change/score change on same day?

tag
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Credit report change/score change on same day?

My husbands credit card balance increased by $30, previously reported $11, this time reported $41, his total credit limits are $450, this particular card limit is $200, I got the alert today of the balance increase. I'm concerned his score will drop due to the increase. Util is still under 10% of total revolving limits, but it's been reporting well under 9% since we got the card in July (like around 4-5%). Would the score have taken a hit the same day it was reported if the score was going to take a hit? Like would we have gotten a score alert as well as the credit report change alert today if this was going to make his score go down?

His score has gone up 15 pts in the past month and the only thing we've been doing is using this credit card to make it go up, we're so close to the qualifying score to start construction on our home, I can hear the hammers banging!! We can't lose any pts, not even 1!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Re: Credit report change/score change on same day?

If this was an alert you received through Score Watch then it would also show you what the current score is. So if his score on the alert is the same as the score he had previously then his score did not change.

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 2 of 3
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Re: Credit report change/score change on same day?

@atarvuzdar wrote:

If this was an alert you received through Score Watch then it would also show you what the current score is. So if his score on the alert is the same as the score he had previously then his score did not change.

yes it was a credit report change alert. The score is still the same, I just want to make sure in a couple days from now i'm not going to get a SW alert that his score has gone down. That's what I meant, would the score have already taken the hit if it was going to when this higher balance reported. Or could we still get a separate SW alert tomorrow or the next day that his score has gone down..

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.