Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit report changes unexpected collection drop

tag
mrshulkisloislane
New Contributor

Credit report changes unexpected collection drop

First I'd like to say thank you to all who contribute to this community!  I've been lurking for months and with your advice have begun on the arduous yet rewarding road to credit recovery.  Your advice has been immensely helpful.  I was checking my reports/scores this a.m. and noticed some strange things that I'd like your feedback on.  I have 4 collection accounts with Medical Data Systems all for the same hospital.  Today 3 of the 4 have disappeared from all 3 bureaus.  In addition to this 1 additional collection account from 2 different creditors also disappeared from Transunion and Equifax respectively.  (T/U 3 med. data sys. and 1 tri county anest./ EQ 3 med data sys. and 1 IC syst.)  The accounts weren't due to fall off until 2020.   I didn't dispute them.  I also reduced my utlilization on each of my cc bringing my total utilization down to 20%.  No new inquiries, no new accounts opened, no new collections added.  My TU score jumped 37 pts.  EQ dropped  40 pts. and Exp. jumped 33 pts.  Anyone with experience with Medical Data systems experience this?  Why did EQ take such a dive?  Could T/U and EQ have only intended to remove the 3 Med Data accounts and grabbed a 4th account by accident?  What is going on?

10/17 453-TU, 511-EQ, 544-EX
01/18 560-TU, 574-EQ, 542-EX
04/18 629-TU, 650-EQ, 617-EX 1st goal 600's across the board *goal met 04/1/18
next goal 680's across the board*goal met 09/08/18
10/03/18 718-TU, 727-EQ, 715-EX next goal 750's
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
2B770
Valued Member

Re: Credit report changes unexpected collection drop

Same happened to me...and I have no idea how/why?
Fico 8 Scores
July 2018:
Sept 2018:
Aug 2019:

Fico 8 GOAL:

Fico 9 Scores
Aug 2018:
Aug 2019:

Fico 9 GOAL:

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

One possibility is that Medical Data Systems sold the debt. They would then have removed it from their reporting, and it will likely show up again when the new collection agency reports it. The fact that three went all at once would be consistent with this theory, as they would usually sell a bunch of accounts together.

Message 3 of 5
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

One possibility is that Medical Data Systems sold the debt. They would then have removed it from their reporting, and it will likely show up again when the new collection agency reports it. The fact that three went all at once would be consistent with this theory, as they would usually sell a bunch of accounts together.

Yep.

This is highly possible.. I've seen it posted here before.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's not the case but collections very rarely just vanish without reappearing unless they have aged off.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to me.

My collection disappeared and my score bounced. Then it came up under a new name and my score got REKT.

Now, at the time for it to fall off, it is gone, but have been getting calls about it and have waisted a LOT of their time Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.