Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit report/score repair help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit report/score repair help

Is there someone on this board that, if I forward my report to with redaction, would be able to give solid advice on the steps I should take to fix my report?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit report/score repair help

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there someone on this board that, if I forward my report to with redaction, would be able to give solid advice on the steps I should take to fix my report?

For best results, I recommend taking portions, a couple to a few baddies at a time, and posting them in here leaving out any private info like acct numbers. Doing so will expose your question/credit issue to more than just one or two users responding via PM. This would give you more opinions on how to tackle and greater feedback. Also, there are posters on here who specifically dealt with the same baddies you might have now and they can give a firsthand account of how they dealt with them and what steps they took.

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good deal. Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

One of the great strenghts of this site is the variety of knowledge and experience by the members of the community.

Credit reporting and repair issues rarely have one solution or recommended path.  Rather than rely on the opinion of one, I concur that posting redacted information in the general forum is more apt to give you a broader view of alternatives.

That is a primary reason why, in my opinion, reliance on a credit repair organization is not the best way to go.  They have one primary tactic, which may work for some, but is not broad-based in approach.  And if your credit repair should involve the need to dispute, a credit repair organization is specifically barred under the FCRA and the direct dispute rules, from participating, even indirectly, in assisting the consumer in filing of direct disputes.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.