Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit report update after account paid off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit report update after account paid off

How soon after the debt paid off, the updated info shows as "account paid"  on my file ? My case with Cap One (Weltman Weinberg Reis / Collector). I have been waiting for a week now, report has not updated yet.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit report update after account paid off

Usually within 30 days after receipt of pmt. Most only update 1x/mo.

Message 2 of 6
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How soon after the debt paid off, the updated info shows as "account paid"  on my file ? My case with Cap One (Weltman Weinberg Reis / Collector). I have been waiting for a week now, report has not updated yet.

Thanks

Cap1 takes forever to update. When I paid mine, I saw an update about 30days later for the amount I settled for which reduced my util and then again about 45days (15 days later) to report a $0 balance which dropped my util even more.

Just be patient.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you asked Cap One to remove the account  ?

Message 4 of 6
Target1212
Regular Contributor

I was wondering the same thing, except I had a CA get paid (not deleted) but need the balance updated to 0, Looks like 30-45 days :-( Seems like forever!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Cap One Recovery Dept, they told me it took 22 days to update the credit file. I knew they will reported the balance as zero. However, to improve the score, we need to have the account removed.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.