cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score confusion!!!!!!!!!!Help!!!Anyone!!!!

tag
jjett77
Valued Member

Credit score confusion!!!!!!!!!!Help!!!Anyone!!!!

Hello

Well lets begin with why I think credit scores are corrupt! I have trying to take care some issue I had with my credit score first was my car loan which has been paid 4 months ago and the three years never late until last 4 months accident tried to negotiated with the dealership who also the the lender to remove at least on one late payment That was a complete bust , they did want to help and then I paid some old collection but one.In 2008  lost my job and had volunteer repo $4700.00 well I call to make settlement offer of $ 2000.00 they  said no!!!They counter-offer 4798.00 which now the $8000 and the butt hole wouldn't budgeted, are the worst collection agency cavalier and  any advice?MY EQ 537 TU 550 I just paid all my cc off zero balance so the score could be higher and need it to be 620 for a house I want to buy in 4-5 months .This is the one thing on my creditdebt that holding me in a strangle hold.HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit score confusion!!!!!!!!!!Help!!!Anyone!!!!

@jjett77 wrote:

Hello

Well lets begin with why I think credit scores are corrupt! I have trying to take care some issue I had with my credit score first was my car loan which has been paid 4 months ago and the three years never late until last 4 months accident tried to negotiated with the dealership who also the the lender to remove at least on one late payment That was a complete bust , they did want to help and then I paid some old collection but one.In 2008  lost my job and had volunteer repo $4700.00 well I call to make settlement offer of $ 2000.00 they  said no!!!They counter-offer 4798.00 which now the $8000 and the butt hole wouldn't budgeted, are the worst collection agency cavalier and  any advice?MY EQ 537 TU 550 I just paid all my cc off zero balance so the score could be higher and need it to be 620 for a house I want to buy in 4-5 months .This is the one thing on my creditdebt that holding me in a strangle hold.HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Mad

Good news is that FICO will largely ignore the balance of this car note. Even if paid to $0 tomorrow, your FICO probably won't change except for a small gain due another $0 balance. How does that help? Because if the balance keeps going up your score wouldn't drop further. I would though take steps to get it removed. Your lender will likely require you to pay it in order to be removed. I don't know if this is still in SOL or not or if you had the $$$ saved to PIF if you had to, but I would send a PFD. Disclaimer: Keep an eye on your SOL. Unless your statute of limitations for your state has expired, do not send any letters, make any calls, or do anything unless you have the $$$ set aside to pay in full if you had to. You can always settle in the future if you wanted to, but many OCs/CAs are sue happy and doing anything inside of SOL can get you sued. If SOL didn't expire or if you didn't have the $$$ to PIF if you had to, then wait it out.

Your score seems low. Are you sure there isn't anything else holding you back? Are there any paid collections reporting? Remember, a $0 balance collection is just as bad as one with a balance, per FICO scoring.

Sounds like you have a handle on util. It doesn't matter now, but if all $0 balances are reporting on your CCs, let one report with a very small balance immediately prior to applying for a mortgage.

Message 2 of 3
jjett77
Valued Member

Re: Credit score confusion!!!!!!!!!!Help!!Anyone!!!!

Hello,

Thank you for the advise  I have talk to company that lender a broker that a friend had use in the past they "say" that they probably can work around the repo .How? I did get into depth with that just yet and yes I found collect  medical bill that I though was paid called them it will be pPIF by next month. However, I still question if some of my debt is  in collect and pay off in a month and my credit cc all off why will my score only have few points?I'm a little confused about the score processes 'm nervous if don't get the loan so many people tell so many different things (Lenders} some say pay it off and some no don't because its 5 years old and Florida I believe a 7 not sure This lender tells me don"t let anyone pull you credit but the same breath he says will see what we can do when get your application and ask is that application for pre- qualify for the loan he didn't reply,why can't I just show them the reset annual credit report that Iwill receive isn't that the same thing. Thank youSmiley Surprised

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.