Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score confusion-TU score dropped 98 pts

tag
disney2
Regular Contributor

Credit score confusion-TU score dropped 98 pts

I am so confused.  I've been working on cleaning up my report and paying off bills.  I have my utilization down to 40%, 1 collection, 15 good accounts, 1 closed good account (auto), 1 closed with late payments but paid off (auto), and 1 with 3 late payments but open.  No public records and 14 inquiries (mostly from buying a car recently).  That loan isn't showing yet.  Since October 12, 1 collection dropped off, JCPenney recuded my limit to $1000 (because I don't use it, I would think. It's paid off and has been for a few years), and 2 small acocunts added.  I've also paid off a good bit of my accounts in the last month.  

Anyway, my score dropped 98 points to 515 with TU while my EQ and EX accounts are going up.  I thought I was making progress here but I don't know why this one would have dropped so drastically, unless it's because my new car loan isn't showing yet.

Ideas?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit score confusion-TU score dropped 98 pts

You gave some information but it will depend on how that information is reporting to each bureau. I would request a full copy of your Transunion report so you can analyze exactly what is reporting. That will give more insight.

With a new auto loan (or most new credit) you will see a drop in your score before an increase. However an auto loan or mortgage are two of the most reliable ways to increase your credit score over time. Again I would request a full copy of your Transunion report so you can analyze exactly what is reporting.

Message 2 of 4
disney2
Regular Contributor

The new auto loan isn't reporting on TU yet.  This info is from my TU report on CCT.

Message 3 of 4
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

It's possible that the JCP reduction took your UTI ip quite a bit. Or the collection updated. Generally speaking, the reason will show up tomorrow or the next day
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.