Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score confusion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit score confusion

Honestly I have no clue what to to think about my scores. Last night I pulled my score off of Transunion website and it was 670. Then this morning I ordered Equifax credit score and it had all 3 scores... and it showed my Transunion score to be 599. WTH... why is there such a big difference? I have had a lot of stuff deleted lately... and honestly i thought the 599 was a bit low because of that. but who knows maybe it's correct. .... Even still i want to know why I get a different score depending on what site I am on

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit score confusion

@Anonymous wrote:

Honestly I have no clue what to to think about my scores. Last night I pulled my score off of Transunion website and it was 670. Then this morning I ordered Equifax credit score and it had all 3 scores... and it showed my Transunion score to be 599. WTH... why is there such a big difference? I have had a lot of stuff deleted lately... and honestly i thought the 599 was a bit low because of that. but who knows maybe it's correct. .... Even still i want to know why I get a different score depending on what site I am on

All of these scores are FAKO scores.   Have you pulled a FICO score recently ?  If not I would recommend doing that to know where you stand.

Also, take a look at the Credit Scoring 101 thread in this sticky posting:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Frequently-Requested-Threads/td-p/224981

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought what i was pulling was the FICO SCORES I mean i wouldn't had paid money if i would had known it was going to be a fake scores.... but i will do it again i guess.

Message 3 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought what i was pulling was the FICO SCORES I mean i wouldn't had paid money if i would had known it was going to be a fake scores.... but i will do it again i guess.

Yeah I understand your frustration.   Many of us, including me.....paid $$$ for scores that we thought were "real" or at least in the ballpark.     Smiley Sad

Unfortunately the marketing of credit scores doesn't make it clear either........you have to dig through the fine print.    Unless the score you are buying explictly says "FICO" then you can assume that it is a FAKO score.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 5
JohnPTEX
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I'm in 700's according to TrueCredit, the high 500's according to USAA, and the low 600's according to CreditKarma - i have yet to see any consistencies but ScoreWatch provides me with piece of mind and the rest provide me with monitoring

Starting Score: TU:619 (02/24/2012) - EQ:629 (02/24/2012)
Current Score: TU:632 (06/21/2012) - EQ:672 (06/21/2012)
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.