Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score dropped 100 points after opening a new CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit score dropped 100 points after opening a new CC

My credit score dropped from 749 to 651 in a month after opening a new Amex blue cash everyday card.  Any idea why there is such a huge drop?

My info:

I have 5 open accounts and my average age of open credit lines dropped from 9 months to 8 months.

Credit card utilization stays 1-9% for 5 months

Total credit line is 9500.

Hard credit inquiries: 6

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit score dropped 100 points after opening a new CC

Are you sure no new derogatory information has been reported to the CRA's?  I would think your scores wouldn't drop that much with a new open account.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I am pretty sure that there is no derogatory information on my credit report.

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Where did your score come from, and was the beofre and after score from the same source?

Message 4 of 5
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Where did your score come from, and was the beofre and after score from the same source?

+1  I've seen my silly FAKOs do that, but FICO seems to not mind as much.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.