Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit scores

tag
MYFYI

Credit scores

Question........

I had a bankruptcy approximately 7 years ago and have worked hard to clean up my credit as I want to apply for a mortgage, I have no negative marks besides my bankruptcy and have 4 credit cards with less than %20 on them and 1 car loan 50% paid, which all were open 3-4 years ago. I have recently checked my credit reports and the score range is 100 point difference between each of the 3 credit bureaus. Can anyone explain why the big range if all my reports have the same information. Also is there anything else I can do to raise my score?

Thanks

grow seedlings grow
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit scores

Welcome to the forums !

It's not uncommon for there to be variations between the different CRAs due to the fact that the information on each report may vary.    Your BK is showing on all three reports ?   Also can I ask where you obtained your credit scores ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
MYFYI

Thank You,

I got the scores through equifax which allowed me to view all 3 reports with the scores and all 3 have the BK on them. Is there anything else i can do to raise my scores. Should I pay off my credit cards? Should I try to have my limits increased? I feel as if my scores have been the same for years and have not gone up at all although i have never missed a payment since I opened my loans 4 years ago

grow seedlings grow
Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

What cards do you have now and the reason I ask maybe some of them can be increased with SP's vs HP's?

@MYFYI wrote:

Thank You,

I got the scores through equifax which allowed me to view all 3 reports with the scores and all 3 have the BK on them. Is there anything else i can do to raise my scores. Should I pay off my credit cards? Should I try to have my limits increased? I feel as if my scores have been the same for years and have not gone up at all although i have never missed a payment since I opened my loans 4 years ago

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@MYFYI wrote:

Thank You,

Don't worry about the scores, they are not FICO scores.   EQ pushes their "Equifax credit score", which is a FAKO score, and they don't sell FICO scores based on TU or EX.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 6
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@MYFYI wrote:

Thank You,

Don't worry about the scores, they are not FICO scores.   EQ pushes their "Equifax credit score", which is a FAKO score, and they don't sell FICO scores based on TU or EX.

This is absolutely correct. Don't waste your money buying "All 3 Credit Scores" through another site. Most lenders will use your FICO scores to determine approval. Also, they may use an enhanced version of your FICO score based on what you are applying for (i.e. if applying for a credit card your CC history may be taken into account more than anything else). 

So the lesson here is to not stress yourself out over any score other than your FICO

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.