Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit updating

tag
dougnukem
New Contributor

Credit updating

So I've been busy making phone calls and trying to clear up a bit of the mess I have on both TU and EQ, mainly under Collections.  I had a couple things that should have been removed and a couple that needed to be cleared.  I also have a foreclosure that I was able to sell as a short sale at the end of December.  They reported the sale on January 10th, so I was told it should be gone no later than March 10th.  

How soon should I be checking to see if any of this has been resolved?  I'm also curious if making another purchase on this site is the easiest and cheapest means to get an accurate update, if I have already used my free annual reports for the respective sites.  

I'm sure these seem like silly questions and I'm being impatient, but I need to replace my car very soon.  Getting these off my credit should hopefully enable me to get a better approved rate than the 20.5% I was being offered a couple weeks ago.  

Thanks for you input.  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Credit updating

I would give them to the end of March before checking.  What is it you want to check, your scores or CR?

Message 2 of 19
dougnukem
New Contributor

Well knowing the score helps, but I also know that the report will tell the whole story.  

Message 3 of 19
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you have to pay to see your report, I would go directly to the CRAs to get those.  They have more detailed information on them.  As for scores, you can get the TU and EQ here.  I'm not sure you can get just a score though.

Message 4 of 19
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Speaking of that (sorry for derailment), anyone know how often SW monitors changes? Once/day, realtime, etc.

Curious to know this. I had a major removal last night (been checking results 2x/day so I know it was late last night). It was a car payment showing currently late so I KNOW there will be atleast a slight increase, but no SW alert yet so I'm guessing it doesn't scan EQ constantly in realtime.
Message 5 of 19
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I am not sure as I don't use it.  You might want to PM DaBears.  I know he does and have seen posts from him about their updates.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me and my spouse are both signed up for score watch. This morning he received an alert about a score increase because an old joint car loan had removed lates.  I am yet to receive my alert and when I check it shows nothing for me yet. That makes me pretty sure that the alerts arent immediate.

Message 7 of 19
dougnukem
New Contributor

That is interesting.  I almost forgot about utilizing SW and how often it updates.  That could help me out as well.  

No worries on the derailment @Crossdivided.  Seems like your question was able to benefit me and I'm sure others too.  

Message 8 of 19
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@Crossdivided wrote:
Speaking of that (sorry for derailment), anyone know how often SW monitors changes? Once/day, realtime, etc.

Curious to know this. I had a major removal last night (been checking results 2x/day so I know it was late last night). It was a car payment showing currently late so I KNOW there will be atleast a slight increase, but no SW alert yet so I'm guessing it doesn't scan EQ constantly in realtime.

SW monitors for changes every 7-10 days you can change your setting within SW to alert you when needed.

Message 9 of 19
electra
Established Contributor

Definitely not real-time.  Probably some sort of a batch job that runs x/day.  I have both ScoreWatch and USAA Premium Credit monitoring and I ALWAYS get the alert from USAA first.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.