Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit

I applied for credit over the phone with a car dealer. He ran my credit in two other dates, and I didn't give him permission. I tried to ask his company to remove it, contacted the BBB which led me through two months of lies. I'd like help to get these unauthorized dates off my credit. I've worked so hard to rebuild my credit edit to be taken advantage of.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for credit over the phone with a car dealer. He ran my credit in two other dates, and I didn't give him permission. I tried to ask his company to remove it, contacted the BBB which led me through two months of lies. I'd like help to get these unauthorized dates off my credit. I've worked so hard to rebuild my credit edit to be taken advantage of.

Did you end up buying a car from them?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I never bought a car from them. I was alerted immediately that my credit had been ran5/13,5/20,6/7&6/13/2016. The only date authorized was 5/13/16. Isn't there a law against holding my info and running my credit freely?
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the consumer initiates a request for new credit, that gives rise to permissible purpose to obtain the consumer's credit report.

Express consumer permission is not required.

There is no "one inquiry limit," particularly with respect to auto loans, which are typically shopped-around for the best rates.

For that reason, the FICO algorithm treats multiple inquiries made within a certain period of time as a single inquiry.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.