Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditKarma No longer working for me?

tag
TheStig
Established Member

CreditKarma No longer working for me?

Well I've been a CK Member for about 2+ Years now and have nothing but good things to say about them. Well since the last month or so it's been saying i have a "Thin File" which can't be possible because I've had credit for 6 years?! What gives anyone else get this?

Fico Equifax: 413
Fico TransUnion: 394
Fico Experian: 411

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: CreditKarma No longer working for me?

You've lost weight. Congrats.

IMO, when I flush the toilet, CK changes....

Message 2 of 5
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

My ck doesnt update like it should either.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue. Was working for 6 months and last 3 months it says I have a thin file and cant give me a score. Since ck uses transunion, I pulled a fico report and score from this site. Says I do not have a transunion fico because of a thin file. I have an equifax score of 690 and experian about 670. Do mot know why this is happening
Message 4 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

@TheStig wrote:

Well I've been a CK Member for about 2+ Years now and have nothing but good things to say about them. Well since the last month or so it's been saying i have a "Thin File" which can't be possible because I've had credit for 6 years?! What gives anyone else get this?

1) don't take stock in CK just use for the info contained on reports (monitoring changes to TU CR)

2) because you have 6 years of history is not necessarily a indication of a thick file...other factors are at play...how many TL's, open closed, types of credit, payment history etc etc 

3) again don't focus on CK

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.