Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditKarma almost gave me a heart attack :-( UPDATE

tag
igids1
Regular Contributor

Re: CreditKarma almost gave me a heart attack :-( UPDATE

Is the TU score that you can purchase here, anywhere near the score that a lender would see? Or is it just as off as another FAKO score?

Message 11 of 21
Target1212
Regular Contributor

It's the real deal here, what most lenders use. All the ones I've talked to use this score. Not fako, which is why you pay so much :-/
Message 12 of 21
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

When I started my repair  on 2/1/2012 my CK TU score was 540

When I pulled Myfico TU on 12/4/12 my TU Score was 587 and My CK TU score was 561**** +26 point difference

Today my CK TU is 598  ****  if I add +26 I should be 624.. approx. 

I am making alot of changes and fixes and geting TL deleted etc so I know it will increase but man I want to buy my scores so bad just to peek if I am at 600 or not!!

LOL!!  I am doing the inner battle.. its only 20.00......  save the 20.00 keep repairing.... yeah but its only 20.00  :-)  ahhhh I am waiting!!

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 13 of 21
Target1212
Regular Contributor

Its hard with CK, one day your FICO  will be 20 more then could be 20 less, theres no rhym or rythm with it..

Message 14 of 21
Nicoantique
Established Member

Hence why my ck fako went up 55 total points today and my fico went down 2 because of a new Cap1 card and a new First Progress card.

looking at ck makes me crazy!

Message 15 of 21
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

its a better indicator for mortgage apps, credit cards not so much at least in my experience,  I was shopping for refi last yr and the broker pull matched my score on here, after I got an updated score I apped for a discover card got approved but less favorable terms because of score, when they sent me the disclosure the discover pull was 20 or 30 pts lower than the score on here,  I couldn't get myfico or discover to say what the reason was for the difference , but most on here said its because the score on here is TU 98 model which isn't used for a lot of cc's any more but still widely used in mortgage  lending, discover prob pulled a newer model tu 04 or 08 or industry enhanced version of the score

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 16 of 21
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

I am also trying not to panic over a FAKO -- but not having much luck. Not CK but Credit Sesame. I need some reassurance, please!

Last month I applied for and got a VentureOne card with a $10k CL -- which nearly doubles my available credit and should drop my utilization from 32% to well under 20%. I've been happily looking forward to the new card reporting. CK and MyFico still don't have it, but this morning CS sent an alert saying my score had dropped 50 points! CS being CS, they aren't very forthcoming about why the drop happened. But they show that my monthly payments have risen, which could only be because of the new card reporting with a balance (several weeks after being opened).

My CS score was 717 (and CapOne confirmed: 720 on Ex). It's now 667 on CS. I have never, ever, ever had a score below 700 before, and my scores (both FAKO and FICO have mostly been between 720 and 760; currently 743 Eq on MyFico). I was thinking/hoping the new CL and lower util would boost me solidly into the upper 700s.

Yes, I know it's FAKO. But I wouldn't have imagined such a drop in my wildest dreams. My AAoA was 6 years before I got this card. Never had a late payment, ever. No baddies at all. Only two inquiries in the last two years. (And CS already dinged me 10 points for the second of those.)

OMG, what on earth are they thinking!

(EDIT) And more important, how likely is it that having a this new card will knock my real scores down like that?

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does AAoA stand for
Message 18 of 21
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Average Age of Accounts.

There's a stickied post around here with all the common abbreviations on it. If you're a newbie to the forums (as I am), you're going to need it! Sometimes it seems as if folks hereabouts talk in code!

Message 19 of 21
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

My AAOA on CK is listed as an F.

Thats my only bad item on it and my score on there sucks because of it.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.