cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditKarma simulator not working or....

tag
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

CreditKarma simulator not working or....

So I signed up on Credit Karma just to see what its all about. I know the score isn't a FICO score but it atleast gives me a general base area to start.

I used their simulator and I kept everything as is except for I tried to simulate what my CK score would be after 24 of ontime payments. Just to sort of see where I'll be in 2 years.

It gave me no change what-so-ever. So either its not working properly, or am I really screwed beyond belief?

I have a couple baddies on there but all except for one 30 day late that happened in the last 12 months (processing error on my end) are already 3 years old so in 2 years they'd be 5 years old...you can't tell me that with 24 ontime monthly payment currently doesn't outweight baddies that would be 5 years old?

If I do anything negative on the simulator it drops so I'm guessing its easier to crumble down than it is to build up. I'd expect at LEAST a small bump from 2 years of on time payments...

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
xthatgamerguyx
Regular Contributor

Re: CreditKarma simulator not working or....

THE CK sim does the same thing to me regardless of input.

February 2012: 480 across the board (before I found this site and started working on my scores)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Scores: TU FAKO: 543 (06/16/2012) EX FAKO: 547 (06/16/2012) EQ FAKO: 528 (06/16/2012)
Current Scores:TU FICO: 639 (11/20/2012) EQ FICO: 617 (11/20/2012)
TU FAKO: 606 (8/30/2012) EX FAKO: 574 (09/04/2012) EQ FAKO: 564 (09/30/2012)
Message 2 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

The exact same thing happens to me....no matter which section I change on the positive side it won't change the score. It will only make changes if I simulate something on the negative side...

Message 3 of 8
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

Ok good to know. I did a couple things and it eventually gave me "cant compute" type of error and so I filed a report through the help (the error gave me a link).

Hopefully it gets fixed, but its good to know its not just me and that I'm doomed for the next 4 years till things totally drop off.

Message 4 of 8
GregB
Valued Contributor

It doesn't matter what the simulator shows because that is your TransRisk score, which isn't used by any lenders.

Message 5 of 8
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

@GregB wrote:

It doesn't matter what the simulator shows because that is your TransRisk score, which isn't used by any lenders.

I understand that but considering it is on a similar scale it would give some sort of indication as to what would happen.

if I use the similator for something negative (say an account goes to collections) and my score drops from XXX to YYY then one could say "ok" that made me loose z% of my points which is better than nothing.

So if it says my score is 600 I fully understand taht my Fico score may or may not be 600 It may be more, may be less but the nice thing about the simulator is it helps you get some understand of the what-ifs. I'm not looking for my specific score - if I wanted those I'd just buy them. I'm looking for a generalization of what-ifs outcome. Could I see a .01% or 10% jump...thats a big difference.

Message 6 of 8
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Look your missing the point CK is only good to check your report period if you wan to know get real fico scores then use the fico simulator it will be a little more accurate as for 24 extra months of on time payments yes your score should climb steadily. Dont get me wrong CK is great for checking your free TR report otherwise iits not much use I had score of 680 CK and my fico was 738

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 7 of 8
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

the report works if you do one at a time. 

for example if you put in pay off x amount of debt. 

or only add one inqury. 

other wise its pretty useless. 

but its good to check your account balances and such which you can do anyways. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.