Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditKarma so much lower?

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

CreditKarma so much lower?

I typically read thru the threads that CK is higher that FICO in most cases.  For about the past year mine has been fairly consistent with my FICO score. Now that I got rid of the tax lien my CK score has been falling about 10 pts each week.  It has me at 588 today.  I am praying that my Wal-Mart TU score doesn't fall!!  Last update it was at 671.

CK sites high UTL, which I am sitting at about 40% right now.  Is this typical for CK? 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
mom22sonz
New Contributor

Re: CreditKarma so much lower?

I don't know or have any explanation but my CK is about 33 points lower than MyFICO score... I was wondering what the deal was myself.

Message 2 of 14
baller4life
Super Contributor

CK is a fako score. Mine's is 70 pts lower than TU Fico. Score is to be totally ignored or it will drive you bananas. I just use it to monitor for acct and util changes.
Message 3 of 14
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I know its a FAKO.  I was just curious.  I just notice most people report that their CK is higher.  I, like everyone else, just use it to monitor changes.

Message 4 of 14
xsvspd
Regular Contributor

It's lower for me, by about 60 pts. Always has been lower. My Barclay's score is at 741, CK is showing 686. I just use my CK score as a monitoring tool.

Hover over card to see limits

Starting score 3/2013 - 585. Score as of 5/2014 - 725.
Message 5 of 14
mom22sonz
New Contributor

my CK is 33 points lower

Message 6 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

I typically read thru the threads that CK is higher that FICO in most cases.  For about the past year mine has been fairly consistent with my FICO score. Now that I got rid of the tax lien my CK score has been falling about 10 pts each week.  It has me at 588 today.  I am praying that my Wal-Mart TU score doesn't fall!!  Last update it was at 671.

CK sites high UTL, which I am sitting at about 40% right now.  Is this typical for CK? 

It's CK mine stayed the same for 5 months....no + or -

Besides I've taught you better than stress about CK scores...Smiley Mad true or false? Lol

TU scores will be fine

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Mine is always lower than Fico on CK, in fact they are lower across all CRAs as I get all 3 TU New Account Model scores with MPM.

Message 8 of 14
kjel
Established Contributor

CK is always 20-40 points lower than my TU FICO score and has been that way for the past two years. It is good for keeping track of account changes and balance updates but not much else.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 9 of 14
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

@kjel wrote:

CK is always 20-40 points lower than my TU FICO score and has been that way for the past two years. It is good for keeping track of account changes and balance updates but not much else.

This is the main reason why I monitor KC, I will add my KC is always 30-65 points lower than MyFico, yet every lender pull has always had a score near identical to MyFico. (Discover was on to the point actually lol)

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.