Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditkarma scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditkarma scores?

I know creditkarma scores are fako but it's off my TU on the full website updated to 619 what made me happy! But on the mobile app it went up to 585! Both are TU scores. Has anyone else seen this?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

Re: Creditkarma scores?

CK scores are really unreliable, most would say pretty useless.  There's a 62 pt. difference between my score on CK and my score on the TU website.

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just don't get it. It's the same website just the mobile app. Why such a big difference?  Oh well...

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah CK scores can be way off. On 10/11 my score was 639 on CK. When I applied for a Barclaycard on 10/13, a rep told me my TU score was 700.

Message 4 of 13
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

I think the respondants are missing the OP's point.

We all know CK scores are crap.  OP was simply pointing out that he downloaded the CK app to his phone.  On CK phone app his score was different than his CK on a PC score. 

IMHO, it shows that the app developers are not talking to the web developers.  The app developers must have written their own version of the score calculation code.

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 13
Shokk
Established Contributor

@Momof5 wrote:

I think the respondants are missing the OP's point.

We all know CK scores are crap.  OP was simply pointing out that he downloaded the CK app to his phone.  On CK phone app his score was different than his CK on a PC score. 

IMHO, it shows that the app developers are not talking to the web developers.  The app developers must have written their own version of the score calculation code.

Or one of them wasn't updated to a current status.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed on the credit karma mobile app my score is the exact same as the cp1 credit tracker app. They must use the same scoring model. Oh on a different note my  myfico exp score went up 2 points because my new cap one card was reported! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK changed their scoring model a few months ago. They probably have not gotten around to updating the Mobile App to the new scoring model.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, this just got my heartbeat racing! 

I looked at my CK FAKO's (EQ and TU)

I reduced my UTI to about 6% and added a new card and two inquiries

My score from Dec'14 (TU) went up from 582 to 676! I don't want to curse or anything but W_F!!!! Smiley Very Happy

I might have shed a tear or two, I'm so happy to be in the upper 600's after being in the lower 500's for about two years!

Also, I got some of my collections removed and one collection PIF but still reporting with a 0 balance.

I can't deal with this excitement!

My EX FICO is 619, EQ (FAKO) 676, TU (FAKO) 637

EQ and TU are from CK while my EX is from Experian.com

I might buy a 6-pack and enjoy this moment! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

So if they changed their scoring is it more reliable now? I pay for Experian and my credit score is 60 points higher with them.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.