Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditor accepted PFD but...

tag
MsNae33
New Visitor

Creditor accepted PFD but...

I recently contacted a creditor, regarding medical debts (3 accounts) of about $300 that shows on my credit report. I did not know the account numbers for the debts because experian blocks the last four numbers. So I called the creditor and they told me $300 total was due and the account number. The account number that was told to me was not the same that was listed on my credit report. So I sent a PFD with the account number I was told, which they recently responded to. They stated the account was paid in full already and will delete it from any consumer reporting. What confuses me is the balance they wrote in the letter for the account was $70, not the $300 that shows on my report or what was told to me when I called them. My question is, should I call them back to confirm all the accounts will be deleted?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Creditor accepted PFD but...

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Yes, I would definitely be calling them for comfirmation.

Message 2 of 5
Hcontreras
Frequent Contributor

@MsNae33 wrote:
I recently contacted a creditor, regarding medical debts (3 accounts) of about $300 that shows on my credit report. I did not know the account numbers for the debts because experian blocks the last four numbers. So I called the creditor and they told me $300 total was due and the account number. The account number that was told to me was not the same that was listed on my credit report. So I sent a PFD with the account number I was told, which they recently responded to. They stated the account was paid in full already and will delete it from any consumer reporting. What confuses me is the balance they wrote in the letter for the account was $70, not the $300 that shows on my report or what was told to me when I called them. My question is, should I call them back to confirm all the accounts will be deleted?

Yes, I would be calling them to see why they put $70, when you paid $300.

In my wallet: AMEX BCE $18k | AMEX ED $19.5k | AMEX EDP $10k | AMEX BCEP $10k | HEFCU $10k | Discover it $8.8k | Capital One QS $9k | Chase Freedom $4.5k | Walmart $3,200 | JCrew $2,350 | Chase Slate (AU) $22k.
Now in the garden...
Current FICO Scores: 783 (EX) | 766 (EQ) | 764 (TU)
Message 3 of 5
MsNae33
New Visitor

Thank you! Also I didnt send them any money with the PFD. I planned on paying after they accepted. I will just call them to see whats going on.
Message 4 of 5
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

That's a good idea. They also may have multiple accounts open with you. I have had CAs report two accounts on my CR, but when I called they could only find one. The other was in a different department of the same company. The moral is, be absolutely certain that you know what you are paying for.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.