Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditor filed a release of judgement

tag
Pineknot69
Regular Contributor

Creditor filed a release of judgement

Hello, I was notified by the original creditor (an attorney) that he filed a court document for release of a judgement. I have cancelled checks showing it was paid in full abd a copy of the actual court document he has filed with the court. When I try to look up my case at the court web search it is no longer listed. 

Can I just mail the cancelled check copies and his court filing to the credit bureaus or do I need to wait for the final copy. The one he sent me was not signed by a judge yet. Thanks, 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Creditor filed a release of judgement

If you are sure that the public record no longer shows the judgment, it appears to have been vacated.

You can file a dispute with the CRA of the accuracy of reporting of the judgment.

The CRA will  reinvestigate by checking the public record. The dispute is not forwarded to any furnisher.

If it is no longer posted in the public record, then they will delete as not be verified.

The CRA does not delete based on payment, they delete based on the judgment being vacated from the public record.

Thus, there is no need to send them payment proofs.

Message 2 of 5
Pineknot69
Regular Contributor

ThanksSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! That is excellent
05/01/15: EQ 519 TU 541 EX 506
10/28/15: EQ 637 TU 646 EX 622
First Goal Score: 600
Second Goal Score: 640
Message 4 of 5
Pineknot69
Regular Contributor

thank you, I got ahold of the clerk of courts and she said that this attorney is very good about following through with the process to take the judgement off when he is paid. I asked her to mail me a copy of the court's release paper after the judge signs them and she assured me that she would. I am SO relieved to have that removed. I will not allow that to happen again. Judgements are a nightmare! 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.