cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditor marked charge off as "making payments as agreed" But I wasn't making payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditor marked charge off as "making payments as agreed" But I wasn't making payments

I have charge off that I called to validate.  I know I should not have done that now.  But a little too late for that.  I'm in the process of applying for a mortgage and in order to move forward the lender, USAA was requiring the charge off account to be paid.  I called the original creditor to validate, which I knew would happen.  I attempted to work out a lump sum payment.  Basically it was a no go initially. However,, after a few months and speaking with someone else I was able to reach a settlement amount, which I paid. I just looked at my credit report and it's showing that I've been "making payments as agreed" for the past three months.....which I haven't.  I just made the one lump sum payment this month.  Is that something I should challenge now? Will it help or hurt my score?  Paying the charge off has already dropped my score about 40 points. 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.