cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditor no longer owns account, will they delete??

tag
hiphop101

Creditor no longer owns account, will they delete??

I have an old utlity bill, that went to collections. It went to two collection agencies. I was wondering of there is any way I can have the collection agency, that no longer owns it, to delete it. Because it is causing, three tradelines, between actual utility company, 1st collection agency and current collection agency. Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ntg187
Established Member

Re: Creditor no longer owns account, will they delete??

@hiphop101 wrote:

I have an old utlity bill, that went to collections. It went to two collection agencies. I was wondering of there is any way I can have the collection agency, that no longer owns it, to delete it. Because it is causing, three tradelines, between actual utility company, 1st collection agency and current collection agency. Any help is appreciated.

As far as Im aware you have two options that could potentially move the 3 trade lines.

1.  Get in touch with the OC and offer to PFD and have them order the CA to remove their tradeline.

2.  Send a PFD to the current CA, then after payment is received and the OC has been notified of payment, send a GW to both the 1st CA and OC asking for tradeline removals.

Both CA's have every right to continue to report the account for the life of the SOL unless the OC pulls the account back out of collections.  So I would attempt option 1 first since its less for you to do personally.

Starting (01/01/11) : Approx 520
Current (11/17/11) : TU-679 / EQ-656 / EX-??
Goal (01/01/13) : >780 (all)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@ntg187 wrote:

As far as Im aware you have two options that could potentially move the 3 trade lines.

1.  Get in touch with the OC and offer to PFD and have them order the CA to remove their tradeline.

2.  Send a PFD to the current CA, then after payment is received and the OC has been notified of payment, send a GW to both the 1st CA and OC asking for tradeline removals.

Both CA's have every right to continue to report the account for the life of the SOL unless the OC pulls the account back out of collections.  So I would attempt option 1 first since its less for you to do personally.

This is not quite correct. SOL has nothing to do with reporting. The CRTP (Credit Reporting Time Period) determines how long a negative can be reported.

SOL is how long a creditor has to bring a lawsuit for unpaid debt,

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 5
ntg187
Established Member

That is what I meant but my mind went blank and I typed something else!

Starting (01/01/11) : Approx 520
Current (11/17/11) : TU-679 / EQ-656 / EX-??
Goal (01/01/13) : >780 (all)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@ntg187 wrote:

That is what I meant but my mind went blank and I typed something else!

That happens to me more times than I want to admit.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.