Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditor won't update CRAs

tag
denver133
Frequent Contributor

Creditor won't update CRAs

So I had a loan with OneMain Financial that went to CO status.  I settled with them on June 2nd 2014.  I did receive a letter confirming the account was settled in full on June 9th.

However, with moving forward on obtaining a mortgage, I have been looking for this to update on my reports. Having been over a month and a half since my payment, I decided to call this morning.   While on the phone, the rep says that the person who helped me with my settlement didn't finalize the process.  My account showed the settlement was pending since June 2nd!  She did say it would be processed today and should report to the CRAs in the next 72 hours. 

With that said, is there anyway to use this terrible mistake by OneMain to get this removed from my reports?  Is not reporting the information illegal?   

My Cards: CSP: $5,000 // Hyatt: $5,000 // Cap1 Venture: $5,000 // US Bank Plat: $3,500 // Discover: $1,000 // AMEX BCE: $1,000 // Lowes: $5,500 // Furniture Row: $3,500 // Buckle Store Card: $750

Current MyFico Scores: EX 687 EQ 696 TU 687 Gardening from 5/15 till 5/16

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
spike69
Frequent Contributor

Re: Creditor won't update CRAs

From what I have seen creditors have up to 90 days to update reporting so I doubt this would be a basis for removal. Sorry.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.