cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditors that gave/denied 2nd round of GW?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditors that gave/denied 2nd round of GW?

This question is for anyone on here that has received a goodwill adjustment from a creditor/lender, then has attempted a SECOND goodwill adjustment with the same creditor/lender and the result you ended up with.

Now, this could be an attempted second adjustment to the SAME account with a creditor/lender, OR it could be a second adjustment from the same creditor/lender but to a different account.

Example 1:  You could have two Citi CCs... one is a Venture one is a Home Depot card.  You received a GW adjustment on the Venture account, then attempted one with the Home Depot account.

Example 2:  You have a auto loan and credit card through Bank of America.  You received a GW adjustment to the auto loan, then later requested one to the credit card.

Example 3:  You have a Chase Freedom CC with multiple late payments.  You received a GW adjustment for some but not all of the late payments.  You later requested an additional GW adjustment to the remaining late payments.

What I'm looking for here is some data on different creditors/lenders that HAVE granted goodwill adjustments once and how they react to a second request.  Different companies have different policies; in some cases future CS personnel may not be able to see previous account adjustments, in others they very well may be able to.  This certainly could play into their willingness or unwillingness to make another adjustment.

For those that have received a GW adjustment from a specific creditor/lender and have been denied on another future try, I'm curious if the denial was still the generic "the information was verified to be reported accurately..." type response, or if the denial letter would sing a different tune along the lines of "we have already made a goodwill adjustment to this account and will not make any others now or going forward."

For the sake of this conversation, I consider a goodwill adjustment to be whatever is obtained in one shot.  That is, if you have 10 late payments on an account and you get 3 removed in one shot, I consider this one goodwill adjustment not 3... it just so happens that your adjustment contained multiple pieces.

I'll start with one that I know gives multiple adjustments, NATIONSTAR MORTGAGE.  I had a total of 7 late payments on one account and received 3 goodwill adjustments in 3 different months from different sets of letters.  One removed 3 late payments, another 2, and the final 2.

I'm currently working on Synchrony, who I've had 2 accounts with containing late payments.  I recently got all (multiple) of the late payments removed from one account which is now squeaky clean.  Since that account is now looking great, I sent my first round of 12 GW letters out to Synchrony this week requesting a GW adjustment to my other (older, closed, PIF) Synchrony account.  I'm curious to see what types of responses I get back from Synchrony this time.

Anyone else that has data points they can share with respect to other creditors/lenders I think could prove to be valuable to anyone requesting multiple rounds of GW from that entity now or in the future.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Re: Creditors that gave/denied 2nd round of GW?

I have one 30 day late payment Ina chase auto loan from 7/2010-- would live it gone but don't know if it's really affecting scores. And a 90 day late with security finance which I think is killing my scores from 3/2010!! I have GW to corporate but no response ! Anyone had luck SF GW
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creditors that gave/denied 2nd round of GW?

The 30 day late at this point should have zero impact on your score.  At this point it's basically just an eyesore that will be gone next summer.  The 90 day late is also quite aged and probably carries about 50% impact at this point since it's a major delinquency not a minor.  Getting that one removed would likely bump your scores up some (assuming these are your only 2 late payments) but removing the 30 day late wouldn't do anything for your scores.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.