Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crems credit repair journey thread....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crems credit repair journey thread....

Good day, 

I want to make this the starting point of my journey to homeownership. I know that posts on message boards can be very interpersonal but I want everyone to know that I appreciate any advice or help given. 

A short bio. 

I am a 29 year old male. I grew up fast and moved out of my house when I was 18. I put myself through school and had my own place when others are usually still living off the teats of mommy and daddy. I made mistakes mainly from having no financial guidance and plainly being over my head. I went through most of my 20s struggling financially pretty hard. I had to pick and choose what bills to pay and I got a sense of apathy as I just started not to care about my finances as I figured I was already ruined. 

A phoenix rising from the ashes.

I am in a good place. I feel optimistic and relatively stress free. The only thing that stresses me out is paying off these debts and getting my creditworthiness back.

In October I am getting married to my beautiful fiance and I have a nice comfortable job where I make about 75k a year. I am finally in the position to tackle this thing and never look back. 

Where I am at right now. 

My FICO score as of right now is 523. Makes me cringe hard. My EX is my highest score at 576. My EQ is 523 and my TU is 525

All 3 of my credit bureaus vary from the information that is on them. 

What I have done so far.

I have literally no positive tradelines whatsoever. I opened up 3 secured cards this week to build credit which I haven't even received yet . I will always stay below 25% utilization no matter what and just buy gas and groceries with them and pay them off. The cards are Capital One Secured $200 limit, Fingerhut(cringe I know), and First Progress with a $300 Limit. I am also on the last month of my student loan rehab. So those tradelines should be healthy after and a nice positive tradeline added. 

The nitty gritty. 

Here are the contents of my reports. 

Judgment:

1/29/2010

$2,653

This remains unpaid. I am not sure how to approach this. There is an attorney that is basically forcing me to pay and keeps sending capias warrants if I don't. However the balance I have to pay is roughly $7000. I have literally no paperwork for this as I never showed up for the initial hearing. 

RI Student Loan Authority

Date Opened 5/1/2009

Account Status: Closed

Date of first Delinquency: 5/2008 

Comments: Paid Collection

Santander Bank

Installment Loan

Balance:$5434

Date Opened 7/12/2007

Date of first Deliq: 02/2009

Nelnet Loan Services

11-120 day late marks

Date Opened:11/27/2004

Date Closed:05/2009

Comments: Transferred/Closed

Nelnet Loan Services

11-120 day late marks

Date Opened:11/27/2004

Date Closed:05/2009

Comments: Transferred/Closed

US Dept. of Education

Balance $3,656

Date of first major delinq:09/2012

Comments:Collection

COLLECTIONS

CA:Action Credit Alliance of Boston

OC:Memorial Hospital of RI

Balance: $233

Opened 12/1/2011

CA:Action Credit Alliance of Boston

OC:Memorial Hospital of RI

Balance: $560

Opened 1/1/2011

CA:EOS-CCA

OC:Narragansett Electric

Balance:$409

Date Opened 3/1/2013

CA:EOS-CCA

OC:ATT Mobility

Balance: $435.00

Date Opened:8/1/2012

CA: Midland 

OC:T-Mobile

Balance $1111

Opened 2/1/2013

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
eric19k
Established Contributor

Re: Crems credit repair journey thread....

Hello and welcome.
I don't know if this will help but for your t-mobile/midland
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/UPDATE-DELETED-Midland-FTC-Lawsuit-amp-T-Mobi...

Send EOS-CCA DV letter. If thry validate then call and offer PFD.

Medical Bills-DV. If validated then PFD. If it doesn't work then HIPPA ( google it)
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 2 of 5
eric19k
Established Contributor

For your judgement I have none suggestions. Search this forum or post in another thread.

Some of the negatives are due to fall off soon. So be a little patient and do one by one.

Good luck
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should have updated. But I have sent EOS CCA a DV and they did validate it. They sent copies of the original bill and everything. I sent PFD to the contacts that are usually referenced by others on this site and they wont budge. As far as Midland goes I sent a complaint to the CFPB and I got nowhere so far. I might try again regarding the "cramming" charges associated to T- Mobile. 

The medical ones I will DV and try to PFD if not validated. 

As far as the judgement goes I am in the works of getting it settled with a lump sum than attempting to get it vacated. It is on public record at the courthouse...

Other than that it is a lot of patience. Which I have very little of but I know this is a lengthy battle. The 

Message 4 of 5
eric19k
Established Contributor

EOS CCA usually agrees to PFD over the phone.
Try doing it as well.
CFPB takes time but you will see results.
You're on the right path. I'm sure you will get great results.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.