Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critique my Attorney General Letter

tag
reno55
Regular Contributor

Critique my Attorney General Letter

Sending this to a CA that has twice failed to provide me any sufficient proof that their alleged debt is mine:

reno55
13xx Avondalee Rd
Nowhere, OH 44xxx

June 2, 2008

Consumer Complaints
Attorney General’s Office
One Ashburton Place
Boston, MA 02108

Re: Credit Collection Services

Dear Attorney General’s Office

I am writing to you today to file a formal complaint with request for mediation against the following company:

Credit Collection Services
2 Wells Ave Dept 9134
Newton, MA 02459

On or around May 5, 2008 I found a trade line item being reported by CSC (Credit Collection Services) which I had no knowledge of.

I subsequently sent a certified letter (return receipt requested) to them asking them to validate this alleged debt they say I owe them. They received this letter on May 14, 2008.

I received a reply from them dated May 15, 2008, yet they did not validate or provide any evidence regarding alleged debt.

I sent a second certified letter (return receipt requested) asking again for CSC to provide proof of alleged debt. This time I outlined specific items which I would require to validate the alleged debt.

I received another reply from them dated May 29, 2008 once again providing no evidence of alleged debt. CSC also asked me to provide them with documentation regarding alleged debt which I obviously do not have any knowledge of which is why I contacted them to provide full validation in the first place. If they had any evidence of the alleged debt why have they not provided it at this point?

I have sent them one final letter giving them one last opportunity to provide the information I have asked for now a total of 3 times. In this letter I stated if they cannot provide full validation then I expect them to delete record of this trade line with all credit reporting bureaus and provide me with a letter stating they will do so.

I have attached a copy of all correspondence with CSC regarding this matter for your review. At this point I am trying to resolve this amicably however their continued disregard for the federal law is causing me continued financial stress and burden. If this cannot be resolved I have informed CSC I intend to follow through with a suit against them for the blatant disregard of this matter.

It is my hope that your office can help me achieve resolution to this very important matter

Sincerely,

reno55

What do you all think?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
reno55
Regular Contributor

Re: Critique my Attorney General Letter

Bump
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since you sent it 3 times, why not send all copies of paperwork to CRA's and dispute it?

The letter seems ok to me. I would include copies of receipts and paperwork, as that might help it move quicker.

Also what does sending this letter do? Will the CA be in trouble?
Message 3 of 7
reno55
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Since you sent it 3 times, why not send all copies of paperwork to CRA's and dispute it?
The letter seems ok to me. I would include copies of receipts and paperwork, as that might help it move quicker.
Also what does sending this letter do? Will the CA be in trouble?

Well I did include copies of everything for them to read and see. It won't get them in trouble but maybe once the AG contacts them to resolve it the CA will know I mean business
Message 4 of 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I think I'd send identical sets of all correspondance between you and CSC to all 3 CRA's for removal.  Maybe make a subtle mention of the fact that csc has already disregarded the law on more than one occasion, and you're hoping that now they (the cra's) will follow the law in removing this unvalidated negative tradeline.

Afterward, if any of the CRA's don't follow the law, then go to the AG. 

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 06-02-2008 12:19 PM
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 7
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

The CRA's really do not care. I had the same issue which is still to be resolved. The verify and that is all.
Message 6 of 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Chanduwar wrote:
The CRA's really do not care. I had the same issue which is still to be resolved. The verify and that is all.

No matter if they don't "care", but if it's against the law...it's against the law.  Hence, the AG.

OP...sure hope it works for ya!
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.