Critique my PFD please

tag
frio
Frequent Contributor

Critique my PFD please

Here you go...

West Asset Management,

I am contacting you in regards to a West Asset Management/Tmobile account #

In the spirit of compromise, I am willing to pay this account in full, if you agree to immediate deletion of this account from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files. It is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any form.

If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, I will make a payment as soon as possible for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt.

Collection Agency agrees to not discuss the terms of this settlement with anyone, excluding your client on this account. If contacted by any third party, including credit-reporting agencies, Collection Agency will not acknowledge that any settlement offer was made, accepted or executed and will, in fact, deny knowledge of any such account.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of Collection Agency. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state.

Please address all correspondence regarding this account to me via email at : Mod Cut
Thank You,

Mod Cut.

Edited to remove personal information- MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Starting Score: 589 / TU: 600
Current Score: 696 / TU: 696
Goal Score: 700 / TU: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Re: Critique my PFD please

@frio wrote:

Here you go...

West Asset Management,

I am contacting you in regards to a West Asset Management/Tmobile account #

In the spirit of compromise, I am willing to pay this account in full, if you agree to immediate deletion of this account from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files. It is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any form.

If you agree to the terms and accept this agreement, I will make a payment as soon as possible for full deletion of ALL references regarding this account from my credit files and full satisfaction of the debt.

Collection Agency agrees to not discuss the terms of this settlement with anyone, excluding your client on this account. If contacted by any third party, including credit-reporting agencies, Collection Agency will not acknowledge that any settlement offer was made, accepted or executed and will, in fact, deny knowledge of any such account.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of Collection Agency. It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state.

Please address all correspondence regarding this account to me via email at : Mod Cut
Thank You,

Mod Cut

Sounds good to me Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Critique my PFD please

A few comments that may cause them some concern......

They, of course, cannot delete all record of the debt from your CR.  If OC reporting was made, the OC reporting of the debt will remain. The OC will be required to report payment of the debt on their account to the CRA once notified by the debt collector of its satisfaction.  So they are required to notify the CRA of its satisfaction.

The debt collector has obligations, both in accounting and filing of taxes, to report the dispostion of the debt and the receipt of whatever income is received.  I am not sure to what extent they can or will agree not to discuss their financial treatment of the debt to any and all third parties.  It previously appeared in your CR, so I am not sure how they could, if requested by anyone regarding the debt, disavow any knowledge of it.

In my opinion, they might agree to CR deletion, but balk at the other provisions.  I am not sure why you are also attempting to hide the debt, or its payment?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.