Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critique my rebuild Please & Thank You

tag
Thechallange
Established Member

Critique my rebuild Please & Thank You

Happy new years forum members, to start id like to say on 1/1/2014 my fico is 551 Smiley Sad i am in the rebuilding graveyard. 

I have 1 judgement falls of 4/2015

Verizon in house collection thats reporting a balance of 1366 

EOS/ ATT collection of 1400 

Capital One C/O of 645.00 PAID (my xmas gift to them) 

RJM/TD Bank checking 663.00 ( only reports to TU) 

Santander c/o reports as closed, zero balance on EQ  and as c/o on TU falls off 2015 

OPEN LINES:

Fingerhut $300.00 with lates hopefully i can GW

Credit One $400.00

Capital One $300 with 30/60/90 lates

Capital One $1000.00

Other than using exsisting credit wisley and keeping util down what can i do? Any advice on what collection i shoukd tackle first? After much research ive gathered: im stuck with that verizon c/o ( they still provide service to me, they c/o my onebill account and seperated cells and fios accts) they wont do a PFD. EOS might do a PFD, Im stuck with the capial one c/o on my CR -it will update as PAID. RJM they send settlement offers but i think it comes off this year. Santander does not bother me and I will not bother them.

Any statagies? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Re: Critique my rebuild Please & Thank You

@Thechallange wrote:

Happy new years forum members, to start id like to say on 1/1/2014 my fico is 551 Smiley Sad i am in the rebuilding graveyard. 

Santander c/o reports as closed, zero balance on EQ  and as c/o on TU falls off 2015 

OPEN LINES:

Credit One $400.00

Capital One $1000.00

Other than using exsisting credit wisley and keeping util down what can i do? Any advice on what collection i shoukd tackle first? After much research ive gathered: im stuck with that verizon c/o ( they still provide service to me, they c/o my onebill account and seperated cells and fios accts) they wont do a PFD. EOS might do a PFD, Im stuck with the capial one c/o on my CR -it will update as PAID. RJM they send settlement offers but i think it comes off this year. Santander does not bother me and I will not bother them.

Any statagies? 

As far as Collections, I would start with the newest and work your way down the line.  I hear Verizon is tough to deal with, but i'd keep bothering them.   You just paid CapitalOne...i'm assuming the $1k limit Cap1 is in good standing?  You might have a good chance of them removing the lates off the $300 account...and possibly have them remove the C/O from the paid account.  GW them and find out.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 2 of 4
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@Thechallange wrote:

OPEN LINES:

Credit One $400.00

Capital One $1000.00

Any statagies? 

For Cap 1 you can try to send good  will letters asking them to delete the entire tradeline of the account that charged off, and try begging them to remove the lates on the $300 account. You can cite your good history with your other account, and explain what caused the issues.. and how you intend to make sure that a similar issue never occurs again. It seems like the more heartfelt, honest and polite a letter is, the more likely it is to work.

Some people here have had luck getting the judgments taken off their reports after they are paid, but I'm not familiar with the process. Keep searching in this forum for success stories! I know people say Cap 1 and Verizon can be difficult, but there have been successes reported! Good luck to you!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 3 of 4
CreditHealthy
Established Contributor

Happy New Year! Not an expert on credit YET but I would probably tackle the smallest ones first, then work on the bigger ones. Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

What's in my sock drawer? NFCU LOC 15,000] NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000][ Golden 1Platinum Rewards Card 6,600 Discover It 5,000,] {NFCU goRewards 17,500} Barclaycard 1250.00,]Cap one 750.00 ], Watering my garden for the next five years:-)
EQUIFAX 727 EXPERIAN 732 TRANSUNION 743 FICO} STARTING SCORE....554 July 2013
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.