Did you mean: 

Critique pls.

tag
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Critique pls.

@jordanmedical wrote:

BUMP

I doubt you will get the OC to give you this in writing, that is why the hire a collection agency. To handle negotiations, offers, ect ect... For them to respond to this letter would just take time ,and money, for someone to type up the response ect ect -- I am not saying they will not respond, I just think its redundant. 

I would focus on doing what you need to do with the collection company. The OC already stated you have to work with them. 

But I like the letter to the CA

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 11 of 12
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Re: Critique pls.

dont forget, only the entity actually reporting can remove the entry.

ie, if the CA is reporting, the OC CANNOT speak for them. OC couldnt say "sure pif and we'll remove the CA's entry". They could ONLY remove their own (in the event both the OC AND CA are reporting). This assuming the OC still owns the debt, of course. If CA does, life is much easier. Just deal with the owner.

In the event of dual reporting, the best you can do is PFD with ONE of them (the CA entry probably the most damaging), PIF, then GW the bejesis out of the other.

I spoke (in person) to a CA owner last night (we were bs'in about FCRA after negotiating a PFD which i consequently PIF'ed about 12 seconds later lol), and after telling him my last resort would be to have the OC pull the debt back and id pay them. He laughed and said it happens all the time...then the OC just turns around and forwards it to the CA...something to do with the CA/OC contracts.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.