Established Contributor
aquatic1

Crown Jeweler and rebuidling credit

Hello FicoForum,

So, I have been rebuilding my credit and though I have had many ups and downs, I am okay with the progress I have gotten.  I had no positive TL's going for me and that was really something that has been keeping my scores down.  I had tried for a BofA card and was denied and my CU doesn't offer secured cards.  My only other option was to get a crownjewelry card.  Over the weekend it finally posted to TU and EX.  I did not get a alert from TU and of course no FICO scores available for EX.  But on EX my scores did go up 18pts (FAKO). 

Today I pulled my CCT and noticed that on my EX section CJ has disappeared!  Why would this happen?  the scores went right back down!!!!  I tell you......one step forward...two steps back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting Score: TU:537
Current Score: TU:683 (3/11/10)
Goal Score: TU:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
eparker

Re: Crown Jeweler and rebuidling credit

I was approved for a Crown Jewlers card, it never showed on my report.  It seemed to me, you had to charge something before it appeared.  I also was approved for a Jareds account, both with $1500 CL.  Jared showed on my CR the following month without making a purchase.  

Did you charge something for it to appear on your CR?

Thanks

TU: 627  EQ:613

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-663 TU-686 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Member
katk9

Re: Crown Jeweler and rebuilding credit

I was approved for an account with them back in Jul 08, and they have been reporting on my EX every since.  I read this topic, and checked my report, and it was gone. Just sent them an e-mail to see what is going on, will update.

Starting Score: 689/693
Current Score: 689/735
Goal Score: 720/720

Established Contributor
aquatic1

Re: Crown Jeweler and rebuidling credit

Ye, I did purchase an item and have already received it.  I just received my statement and will be making my payment next week. 

I will email them to find out what the problem is.

thank you both for responding.

Starting Score: TU:537
Current Score: TU:683 (3/11/10)
Goal Score: TU:740

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}