Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crown Jeweler and rebuidling credit

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Crown Jeweler and rebuidling credit

Hello FicoForum,

So, I have been rebuilding my credit and though I have had many ups and downs, I am okay with the progress I have gotten.  I had no positive TL's going for me and that was really something that has been keeping my scores down.  I had tried for a BofA card and was denied and my CU doesn't offer secured cards.  My only other option was to get a crownjewelry card.  Over the weekend it finally posted to TU and EX.  I did not get a alert from TU and of course no FICO scores available for EX.  But on EX my scores did go up 18pts (FAKO). 

Today I pulled my CCT and noticed that on my EX section CJ has disappeared!  Why would this happen?  the scores went right back down!!!!  I tell you......one step forward...two steps back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
eparker
Frequent Contributor

Re: Crown Jeweler and rebuidling credit

I was approved for a Crown Jewlers card, it never showed on my report.  It seemed to me, you had to charge something before it appeared.  I also was approved for a Jareds account, both with $1500 CL.  Jared showed on my CR the following month without making a purchase.  

Did you charge something for it to appear on your CR?

Thanks

TU: 627  EQ:613

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Crown Jeweler and rebuilding credit

I was approved for an account with them back in Jul 08, and they have been reporting on my EX every since.  I read this topic, and checked my report, and it was gone. Just sent them an e-mail to see what is going on, will update.
Message 3 of 4
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Re: Crown Jeweler and rebuidling credit

Ye, I did purchase an item and have already received it.  I just received my statement and will be making my payment next week. 

I will email them to find out what the problem is.

thank you both for responding.

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.