Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crud.. new collection account!

tag
rebuilding
Regular Contributor

Crud.. new collection account!

I have been a member and watching my score creep up for a few years now.  I just got a notification that there was a collection posted to my account! and my score dropped from 682 to 649!!!   CRAP!!

I have NO idea what this is.  I pay ALL my bills on time and have never had anyone trying to collect $208 from me.

It has been a while since I had one of these pop up, so I don't remember all the correct steps to take in order to fight this ASAP.  I was just about to go to a bank to attempt to get financing on an investment property so this obviously is going to kill me! 

i pulled a report on my creditchecktotal and this is what popped up on my experian AND my equifax...  What do you folks who have helped me so greatly in the past recommend?  thanks in advance!

EOS / CCA

EXPERIAN
EQUIFAX
TRANSUNION

Account Name:EOS CCA EOS / CCA  
Account Number:4347XXXX 4347XXXX  
Acct Type:Collection Department / Agency / Attorney Collection Account  
Acct Status:Closed   
Monthly Payment:   
Date Open:11/1/2010 11/1/2010  
Balance:$208.00 $208.00  
Terms:Unknown   
High Balance:   
Limit:   
Past Due:$208.00   
Payment Status:Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department Unpaid  
Comments: Unpaid

11/30/2009 TU 676 EQ 665 EX 654 (CU pulled)
5/14/08 TU 660 EQ 676 EX 623
9/5/07 TU 579 EQ 612 EX 546
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
alleycat1975
Regular Contributor

Re: Crud.. new collection account!

They're one of the baddies i just paid off and they verify everything unfortunately..  

They collect for AT&T bills for one thing but i'm not sure who else they collect for.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 5
rebuilding
Regular Contributor

You saying AT&T triggered something and I did a little searching and figured out what this is. I had gotten an AT&T aircard for work and it was being paid with a company credit card. I had given it to one of my employees to use months ago and forgot all about it. apparently the company card expired and the new number wasnt given to AT&T.  well CRAP! 

I will gladly pay it but what is your recommendation?  should I just go to AT&T and pay it in the store, then DV and try to get it removed that way, or should I try an PFD with AT&T?

thanks again.

-Eric

Message 3 of 5
rebuilding
Regular Contributor

well the plot thickens.  I was wrong about the work air card.  that was past due, but not the one sent to collections.  I paid it and got it current with an updated credit card.

I will create a new post asking what to do now, because this was an account my ex wife opened apparently in my name that is being collected on!!  not sure what to do about that.

Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

New collection account reporting!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.