cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crunch TIme Need Advice!

tag
vitesse

Crunch TIme Need Advice!

Sent out D.V letters to all the listings on my credit report and here is a break down of the results.

Account #1
Amount $5xx
Settlement $2xx
Closed:2008

These guys never verified anything. They also didn't open the D.V letter i sent them CMRRR! Not even sure they have any records of this account they just want $2xx.

Account #2
Amount $2XX
Settlement $2xx
Closed:2009

Man i recognise my signature from 2009 so that tells me that they verified the hell out of everything including sending me copies of the original lease etc. They also
have refused to settle and want the full amount. I'm willing to send them the full amount if they do a PFD need advice on this one.

Account #3
Midland Credit Managment.
Amount $6xx
Settlement $6xx
Closed:2011

First off, they warned me that they contacted all three CRA's to update my account for "accuracy" purposes. They verified my account from "electronic records created,
maintained and provided by T-mobile". The document they sent has all my info on it ie name address social and billing from TMO. How do i proceed on this one?

Also got a collection from some  Junk Debt Buyer on an account that is WAY past the SOL. Should i D.V them?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Crunch TIme Need Advice!

@vitesse wrote:

Sent out D.V letters to all the listings on my credit report and here is a break down of the results.

Account #1                    What type of account was the OC? What was the DOFD? Are the OC, and CA both on your CR? Does OC show balance?
Amount $5xx
Settlement $2xx
Closed:2008

These guys never verified anything. They also didn't open the D.V letter i sent them CMRRR! Not even sure they have any records of this account they just want $2xx.

Account #2               What type of account was the OC? What was the DOFD? Are the OC, and CA both on your CR? Does OC show balance?
Amount $2XX
Settlement $2xx
Closed:2009

Man i recognise my signature from 2009 so that tells me that they verified the hell out of everything including sending me copies of the original lease etc. They also
have refused to settle and want the full amount. I'm willing to send them the full amount if they do a PFD need advice on this one.

Account #3                        What type of account was the OC? What was the DOFD? Are the OC, and CA both on your CR? Does OC show balance?
Midland Credit Managment.
Amount $6xx
Settlement $6xx
Closed:2011

What is your states SOL? Most assuredly won't help with number three, but possibly for one, and two.

First off, they warned me that they contacted all three CRA's to update my account for "accuracy" purposes. They verified my account from "electronic records created,
maintained and provided by T-mobile". The document they sent has all my info on it ie name address social and billing from TMO. How do i proceed on this one?

Also got a collection from some  Junk Debt Buyer on an account that is WAY past the SOL. Should i D.V them?

Message 2 of 6
vitesse

Account #1
-Apartment Rental
-Moved out in May 2008
-OC not listed but the CA is.

Account#2
-Apartment Rental
-Moved out May 2009

Account #3
Cellular Bill T-Mobile
-DOFD 08/2011

Statue of limitations is 6 years.

Message 3 of 6
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Were the DVs timely, as sent within the 30 day window of their initial contact?

I'm not experienced with lease issues, but others will jump in to add their input.

As far as the DV that was CMRRR, did they not sign for it, and was returned?

Message 4 of 6
vitesse

They didn't touch it but they must have known what the contents were as they sent me a settlement offer from the same address.

The USPS message at the bottom states. "Return to sender. Not deliverable as addressed. Unable to forward

Message 5 of 6
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Have you googled any other address for this specific CA?

...another tactic is Fedex/Ups.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.