Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crying May Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crying May Help

So, after seeing the small increase on my credit report due to Fingerhut posting I was excited.

However, that excitement is gone. I received a collections notice about a Optimum account I had about a year and a half ago. (I thought it was paid. I sent a check from an old account not linked to my current) I want to pay it before it gets on my report, but I can't afford it right now. 

No sure what the best way to conquer this is. 

Has anyone heard of Convergent Outsourcing? Any advice in dealing with them? Should in just pay straight to optimum?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Ambular1304
Contributor

Re: Crying May Help

I have never dealt with them, but I did recently pay off a medical collection bill before it hit my reports. I called the CA and was able to set up a payment plan and explained to them that I wanted to do anything and everything I could so it wouldn't hit my reports. It has all worked out. You never know until you call

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Crying May Help

Ambular1304 wrote:

I have never dealt with them, but I did recently pay off a medical collection bill before it hit my reports. I called the CA and was able to set up a payment plan and explained to them that I wanted to do anything and everything I could so it wouldn't hit my reports. It has all worked out. You never know until you call

+1^, Because it costs the company money to report most of them are more willing to do a PFD, they get their money back and save some from not having to report. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.