Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crying and ready to give up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Crying and ready to give up

Decisions...

Christmas gifts or 2 less collections to worry about...it's all about what's more important to you. Granted, you did visit the hospital and those medical charges are valid, you do technically owe them. But nonetheless, if you're on a rebuilding path, I would do anything to avoid any other negatives. Good luck to you and wish you the best and hopefully you can resolve it soon..

Happy Friday

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Will 2 more collections really have that big of an impact on your score if you already have 15? Someone told me that each additional collection has less and less impact. I had a few collections that only made a difference of 5 or so points.

I second this. I had an invalid CA added to my reports a few months back. I took a small hit. Since your FICO is like your repetutation, once you've already got a "bad" one a few more rumors don't change much. 

Don't give up, OP. Smiley Happy Medical collections are surprisingly easy to deal with. How long ago were the bills incurred and how many notices have you received from the provider? If you has insurance, has it been billed? You can often prevent reporting with a payment plan if it's relatively recent.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

As others may have pointed out, you've already got a lot of collections on there (nothing to be ashamed of, so do I), and if any of those collections are updating monthly, two more are just not going to make a big impact. A handful of points at the worst. The most important thing is to get some sort of payment arrangement made so they do not sue. You don't want an additional judgement on there as well, trust me.

Most collectors will try to work out some kind of deal with you. If you feel like that particular CSR is not willing to work with you on this, just call back and try to get a different CSR.

How are you doing on getting positive tradelines established?

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.