Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curacao written off debt, not mine, need advice how to proceed

tag
pat0812
Regular Contributor

Curacao written off debt, not mine, need advice how to proceed

Ok, so I wrote some topics before on this issue I have but I have some updates and wanted to share and see what my best next move is.

I have 2 accounts on my report showing up from CURACAO (they are located in Los Angeles)

I don't know anything about purchasing from them, and both accounts show up as closed and in the details it says it was written off.

Today I called them and I gave them the partial number of the account that shows up on my credit report and I gave them my full name, date of birth, address,...

They don't find anything under my name with same date of birth and same address I have.

They did say they have some other customers with similar names, but not same Middle name like me.

Anyway they weren't really helpful and couldn't find the account I'm talking about.

What is the best play from here?

Should I dispute it with the CRA's and eventually during the 30 days they will not find the account and I might get it deleted?

Any other options ?

FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Curacao written off debt, not mine, need advice how to proceed

If you believe they are not yours dispute with the CRAs as not your accounts.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.