Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curious about BBB complaints

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Curious about BBB complaints

I always check the BBB site to see how a company rates.  I read many of the complaints to see how they are handled.  Kind of helps give me an idea if they are easy or a night mare to deal with.  I notice that the vast majority of the complaints end on the "consumer failed to reply" note.  Why?!?!  Why don't the consumers reply?  Don't you want a good outcome?  It doesn't make any sense.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Curious about BBB complaints

Normally, they enter the fact that the business did not reply, not that a consumer did not reply.

Unless their letter back to the consumer requested more information, which is not typical, I dont see how theire would be a pending reply from a consumer?

Message 2 of 4
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I could have mis-read but it appeared that the last action was that the consumer had failed to respond.

I was just curious. 

Does it work to our advantage if the business fails to reply?

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I agree with Shellie.  I have read many, many complaints where the consumer failed to respond.

My thought was that they didn't like what the CA/creditor said and felt any further attempts would be less than helpful.

If the business fails to reply there is nothing else that can be done.  I have filed a few and that is what happened and nothing ever came of the complaints and were closed.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.