Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curious about Transunion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Curious about Transunion

So I have been reading in here, learning the best ways to tackle my credit clean up. I keep seeing how Trans union is the easiest to deal with. It is also my WORST CRA. Is there some reason places prefer to report to them  over the other CRA's? It seems like they have everything except the color of my underwear reporting there, so I was just curious.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Curious about Transunion

TU seems to be easiest for getting EEs and for disputes.  I also like the format of their annual reports and how they show the dates that negatives should roll off, after the 7 year mark.  They also seem to automatically drop them a little earlier for me.  I had a little difficulty getting an incorrect address removed from the personal info area on my EQ report.  It was the address of a large independent appliance store about 7 miles away from me.  I had never had any business with them or even been in the store, but they were on my contact info area.   EX has just been Ok to deal with for me, but they are stingy on my scores.

It must be a coincidence that you have been dealing with creditors that lean towards only reporting to TU.  I dont have any listings that only appear on one of the CRBs.  All of mine show up on all 3.

Now from your post, I'm getting more than a little worried.  I ordered a set of BVDs and T-shirts from Hanes online, because I had a good discount with free shipping, and I used a CC.  It was the only item on the CC and it is brand new, just activated.  If I dont pay and it goes to a CO and then a judgement, it would become a matter of court record, and then a public record, and then absolutely *everyone* would know my bizness.  Smiley Surprised    Even if I have to sell blood, I am paying that one well before the due date.  Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.